What's In A (Pirate's) Name?

I'm going to tell how i came up with the name of me second pirate his name is Sir Thomas Of Graham Thomas being me first name and Graham me last a good friend of mine gave me that as a nick name and when i made him i thought to me self a knight that just got Knighted but turned to being a pirate and he is always looking to see if king George is right behind him to take him to the hang mans noose

Hey TG!!

Ok, the stories of my many pirate names:
First account (use to be basic) has the first pirate I ever made, Kate Goldwalker. I love the name Kate and actually picked that name for a daughter IF I ever have one. Her last name is a combo of my Great Grandparents last name, Golden, and my last name, Walker. My hubby then started an account for me, not realizing I had one, when he won a free month of unlimited, so my second pirate came. She is also Kate Goldwalker and guildmaster of Brethren of Lore.

My next pirate is Kate Seawalker, and officer in Renegade Sharks. Spin off name of my first two.

My next two pirates are the same name, one being on test (where I met TG for the first time). Their name is Katieskye Walker. Well, anyone who knows me in the game, knows that I LOVE Star Wars. Katie came from that name I love so much. I had to take the name Skywalker and split it up for it to be approved. I tagged Skye (Irish spelling to represent my Irish ancestery) to Katie, and again Walker is my last name.

My next pirate is Sabe. This name has a unique story. It is also a name from Star Wars. The unique part of it is that the character Sabe was the main lady in waiting for Padme Amadala. She would also pose as Amadala at certain times in Episode I. The character was played by Keira Knightley. And we all know that Keira Knightely played Elizabeth Swann.

My next two pirates pay homagge to the best Jedi master ever. One is on test and his name is Yo' Da Pirate. The other is open and his name is Yo-Duuh. Both of them are very short with balding white hair and ears that stick out as far as possible in the game. Yes, sometimes I do Yoda speak. ;)

My oldest son's has two pirates. On open, he has Just Jack. His favorite character from the moves is Jack Sparrow, but we couldnt name him that, against the rules. My hubby said to add the Just in front, and that is how Just Jack was born. On test, his piarte is Nikan. He loves star wars and wanted his pirate to be as close to Anakin as possible.

My youngest son has one pirate on test right now, but we'll be making an open version of him soon. One of his favorite characters from Star Wars, yes he loves Star Wars too, is Boba Fett. Took me several tries (not months like naming Nikan), but we got approved with Bubba Fat. Fett in German means fat. ;)

I'll keep you posted if I make another. Though I have been thinking of making a new account that is basic, with a pirate that is a guy and naming him Sue. . . . Oh, come on, haven't you heard that song??

I picked Amelia because i made another pirate before her and didnt see many Amelia's running around at the time. Darkskull was random

According to http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Jade:
Jade is a very popular first name for women (#1003 out of 4276)

... what was I thinking again ... :confused: My estimate on pirates population has just been confirmed by US Census statistics.

Anyways, Jade \j(a)-de\ as a girl's name (also used as boy's name Jade), is of English origin, and the meaning of Jade is "precious stone". Jewel name: the green stone which was believed to have the magical power of providing protection. I love the meaning of it; it says it all what I'd like her to portray.

My other pirate's name "Arabelle" is of Latin origin, meaning "prayerful".

My next other pirate's name "Anastasia" is of Greek origin, meaning "resurrection". Well, I did delete one Jade O'Hayes for Anastasia.
Arabelle and Anastasia's last names - of course - follow their big brothers' names ... :p

Mixing Star Wars and POTCO Kate?! Genre mixing alert! dooo--do-doo! Genre mixing alert! dooo--do---dooo! lol I kid, I love it. A force sensitive pirate would rule the caribbean, especially if said pirate had a silver tongue like Jack Sparrow. All those "stylized" versions of the names you got are great and bonus points for Sabe.

~Etar1pAI

Well i used "Zia" cuz its my real name but i love it :D It means sun and its a strong name, not to mention exotic and original. As for "Badncool", I don't quite know what i was thinking lol XD but pirates are "bad" and whats bad without"cool" x]

Haha, I forgot one pirate!! I have a Katie Flannery on test also. Flannery means "red-haired." This pirate represents my Irish ancestery again, and yes, she has red hair. She is in the tribe Irish Storm.:)

Pretty boring for me I guess after reading your story. My first name is Dan and two cases of sun poisoning while I was in the army earned me the nickname "Red". Danny the Red just seems to flow right. Funny thing though, there are only two people on Earth that can get away with calling me Danny IRL. :D

Well Johnny Mak is actually the name my first coach gave me when i was 4... just kind of stuck with me obviously its just an extension of my first name and shortening of my last name hence... nickname lol
Jason Cabinwrecker is an engineered name Jason just sounded good and the cabinwrecker part kind of described the way i ran around the carribean at that time lol. if it was there it was hit if it was a ship i sank it.
Silent Shadow came out of a time when i was coming into a realization of not really knowing what i wanted to do anymore in the game of pirates. I had hit a point where my old friends were quitting and just went into a mode where i sulked around the quiet servers in the old catacombs of padres leveling and well not talking much XD
Pulsar is actually the only name i've ever felt accurately describe the personality i carry with me. if you dont know the definition of a pulsar its A celestial object, thought to be a rapidly rotating neutron star, that emits regular pulses of radio waves at rates of up to one thousand pulses per second. I've always had an interest in astronomy and pulsars, quasars, and supernovas. I attempt to be nuetral but the gravity of the situation is so intense i commonly side with my opinions lead. i looked around a bit to see if anyone had any of these names and settled on Pulsar as nobody else had it :) probably the only pirate i've really felt i put any thought into naming
FANTASTIC Thread learning alot about how folks go about their pirates :)

"La gorda" It means the fat one c: shes kind of a joke and i made her with one of my old best friends from pirates.. i dont want to delete her at all! Shes one of the greatest memories ive had on pirates ♥

"Maggie Heartburn" This might sound like a health problem name but the heartburn was suppose to mean the pain of my little heart :c went threw so much with drama and the friendships that ive lost.. Oh and that one boy.. who shall not be named ! hehe :)

"Meg Sailvane" Oh my :).. what to say.. she was my first pirate i created. I was in the pirate mood when i created her.. wanted to be a pirate in 7th grade ;) hehe so i named her Meg "sail"vane cause when i think of pirates .. i think of sailing and taking all the booty :D (sailing was my last skill to master.. haha didnt like it much)

OH! And i have the pirate named "Karen" Its my name and well yeah :D simple as that!

my name emerald, reflects the guild i am in, emerald regiment, i think i found a gem. They are all so nice. :piratemickey:

It doesn't surprise me at all to see a pattern forming here. Taking your personality or emotions/feelings (in game or out) and infusing it into your pirate name. It takes a name from 2-D to 3-D IMO. It "fleshes out" your pirate character/avatar.

~Etar1pAI

Come on mates, hit me/us with some more stories on how your pirate(s) got it's name. These stories are awesome.

~Etar1pAI

I have a pirate named Baron Blade one day was bored and wanted to make a new pirate so was raking my brain and them i thought of my Toon town Character named Baron Tom Mega Burger so i came up with Baron Blade as a tribute

I actually made up my name when I was in grade school. I wanted something piratey yet simple. I knew John was a comman name and scurvy was part of pirate life so John Scurvy was born.

well corey is me real name and it was me first pirate and i was bored so i down loaded the game made him and typed corey in and thus he was born.
now mullet he was fun making. corey is a medium to large person and i wanted a smaller one. so mullet is small as most people with mullets are. i wanted to name him captain redneck but ti declined so then i thought. what did rednecks have or do. they have mullets. so i typed it in and i got on the game and gave him a mullet. i believe i was the first captain mullet bc all the rest are lvl 3. unless they went inactive then they must be copy cats. then one day i was on potco and had room for more pirates and i was eating cornbread. thats how grandpa cornbread was born and he is the only one in the whole game. and currently i have a pirate in the making

Back