Release Notes 1-17-2016 tlopo-alpha-v1.4.0

Bobby Flat Foot

Pirate Lord
Features
  • Added a FPS meter to the Game Options panel.
  • Water is now animated! Rewrote the CXX backend that manages waves/etc.
Maintenance
  • Multiple enhancements to game performance.
  • Multiple improvements to game security.
  • Overall code cleanup.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug related to scaring away fish.
  • Fixed a bug that caused fish to only bite from one direction.
  • Fixed a bug with the fancy sky dome option.
  • Fixed a crash with reeling in fish.
  • Fixed misc bugs with the feedback panel.
  • Potentially fixed a bug that caused Blackjack tables to stop working.
Known issues
  • Players sometimes spawn in the air. We're looking into a fix.
Launcher
  • Code cleanup
  • Game files will now download after you log in.
  • Updates for developer usage.

I'm glad Fishing works almost perfectly now. Blackjack is still broken, but I don't mind. Fishing is my favorite activity to do in game right now.

I'm glad Fishing works almost perfectly now. Blackjack is still broken, but I don't mind. Fishing is my favorite activity to do in game right now.
Which things in fishing are still inop? I've swatted most of the fishing bugs, and would like to fix up any outstanding issues if possible. Thanks!!

Which things in fishing are still inop? I've swatted most of the fishing bugs, and would like to fix up any outstanding issues if possible. Thanks!!
The only bug left with fishing is the circles that indicate when a skill is reloading don't work properly. Other than that, it works great!

The only bug left with fishing is the circles that indicate when a skill is reloading don't work properly. Other than that, it works great!
That is the only bug I noticed still in Fishing, but that is probably a problem with the GUI and not Fishing itself.

That is the only bug I noticed still in Fishing, but that is probably a problem with the GUI and not Fishing itself.
I noticed this issue in the most recent dev stream when he was demoing sailing/cannons. I think it's more than just fishing.

@deanaug a bug I'm still noticing is that upon using a skill, you can't reel the line in until it stops glowing unless it was already in motion

As with 1.3.6, I am unable to login as it never actually updates anything. In the versions before 1.3.6 I could update, login, and play perfectly fine (in terms of the state of stability the game is currently in).
In 1.3.6 it seemed to finish updating and it opened the black console window but that closed immediately. If I would reopen the launcher, it would appear to update the same files again, open the console window, and close immediately. I can imagine would go on forever if I were to allow it to.
In 1.4.0 (launcher 1.0.2) it doesn't get past updating the first file. I am faced with error 904, that it couldn't extract the archive for phase_1.mf.bz2.
94ef16150eaec110b9c90332cc8f1e49.png
I highly doubt it matters, but for what it may be worth I'm running on Windows 10, an Intel i7-4700MQ CPU, and with 16GB RAM.
I haven't messed around with the game files or any directories used by the game yet.
I could try deleting the TLOPO directory and reinstalling everything completely but before I try that I'd like to see if you have any ideas.

Last edited:
@Mike Wass
As with 1.3.6, I am unable to login as it never actually updates anything. In the versions before 1.3.6 I could update, login, and play perfectly fine (in terms of the state of stability the game is currently in).
In 1.3.6 it seemed to finish updating and it opened the black console window but that closed immediately. If I would reopen the launcher, it would appear to update the same files again, open the console window, and close immediately. I can imagine would go on forever if I were to allow it to.
In 1.4.0 (launcher 1.0.2) it doesn't get past updating the first file. I am faced with error 904, that it couldn't extract the archive for phase_1.mf.bz2.
I highly doubt it matters, but for what it may be worth I'm running on Windows 10, an Intel i7-4700MQ CPU, and with 16GB RAM.
I haven't messed around with the game files or any directories used by the game yet.
I could try deleting the TLOPO directory and reinstalling everything completely but before I try that I'd like to see if you have any ideas.

re-download the launcher..

@Mike Wass
This is what I had to do to get mine working when I switched to Windows 10:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/windows-10-problem-and-workaround.11066/

But if you haven't redownloaded the launcher yet that could also be a solution

Yeah, I had to redownload the launcher for 1.3.6 to do anything and when I tried updating for 1.4.0 it said I had to redownload the launcher again. When I was faced with this problem I deleted launcher.exe and I gave it another shot at updating.
I ended up with the same error as last time, although this time instead of mentioning phase_1.mf.bz2 it was phase_4.mf.bz2. So I went into C:\TLOPO\resources\default and deleted phase_4.mf.bz2. Tried it again, and got the same error as last time (still phase_4.mf.bz2).
So I tried the workaround you mentioned. It seemed to do something, because the error message changed from phase_4.mf.bz2 to phase_5.mf.bz2. I deleted that file, let it run through everything again and nothing changed.
So I uninstalled TLOPO and deleted the whole directory. I went through the launcher install process and the phase file update process and got the error message I faced awhile earlier:

904: Couldn't extract archive: phase_4.mf.bz2

So I left a message for Wass in the IRC and just decided to go worry about something else. If I get a solution I'll be sure to say it here so others that may face this problem don't have to waste as much time on this as I have.

Back