Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

edit: @Captain Darkrage it's back up

It is frustrating losing your time slot to an update, but it's basically this unavoidable fail lottery we have going on. Just gotta remember this is the devs' hobby, not their job. Maybe they could give people a temporary loot buff or something for getting hit by it? Or a silly hat.

Note that "Jesus Christ hurry up" was probably being shouted at a computer by an admin while the update was installing at their end!

The TLOPO team themselves are usually unsure of when they're going to release an update until shortly before the process is initiated, so there's not really much room to notify everyone further in advance. When the developers have completed a round of bug-fixes and think things are stable enough to release a new update, the decision is made right then and there. I understand it can be frustrating to lose some of your allotted time, but the game is still in beta and the emphasis right now is on progressing as fast as possible. Down the line when things are further along, maintenance will likely become more predictable and less frequent (and time slots will eventually go away).

The TLOPO team themselves are usually unsure of when they're going to release an update until shortly before the process is initiated, so there's not really much room to notify everyone further in advance. When the developers have completed a round of bug-fixes and think things are stable enough to release a new update, the decision is made right then and there. I understand it can be frustrating to lose some of your allotted time, but the game is still in beta and the emphasis right now is on progressing as fast as possible. Down the line when things are further along, maintenance will likely become more predictable and less frequent (and time slots will eventually go away).

Drink up me hearties yoho …a pirates life for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back