Idea 2 new ship upgrades

Darkslinger

Notorious Pirate
This idea is part of the High Seas Expansion update where I discuss multiple new additions that would overhaul and highly improve what we're used to.

The ship upgrades I'm going to discuss are mainly extra cannons and ammo barrels. I won't get into the specifics (eg: how many upgrades there are to reach the max amount of cannons or barrels), but I'll include an image of how the ship would look like upon being maxed out in terms of these upgrades.

War ships are pretty big, and the space isn't utilized as properly. The amount of cannons onboard is quite little - and many players tend to feel left out when one side is "fully booked". To kill two birds with one stone, the cannon upgrades can be introduced.

An issue many pirates face is running low on ammo. This forces them to teleport and return - or stick to their trusty round shots. That is no more, as ammo barrels can be purchased as part of the ammo barrel upgrades. The captain of the ship purchases the ammo at the gunsmith of their choice and has an option to transfer the ammo into the barrels so the depository is ample before setting sail. In order to gain the ammo, crew members must run towards a barrel and press SHIFT. Pirates are pirates, though - which is why the ammo is sold for money.

BEFORE

before_upgrades.jpg

AFTER

after_upgrades.jpeg

- 14 extra cannons - 4 ammo barrels

i don't know.... seems a bit crazy. That much firepower makes the warship look weak haha.
If you check out the high-seas update, I think I mention stronger enemy ships being added in the future. So these upgrades would go well with the higher-tier enemies.

Not the best edit (a little rushed), but uploaded anyways. War galleon with 28 cannons (18 extra). Thanks to @Hernandez for letting me borrow his ship and do this. Crew count has to be increased in order for the amount of cannons on both ships to be utilized properly.

galleon_28_cannons-jpg.91800

Back