Release Notes 2017-5-27 tlopo-rc-v1.0.6

I don't know if it's just me but after this update I'm crashing like every 5 minutes. I know it's the beta so I'm not really frustrated, but before the update it was fine I'm curious to what it is however

I don't know if it's just me but after this update I'm crashing like every 5 minutes. I know it's the beta so I'm not really frustrated, but before the update it was fine I'm curious to what it is however
Yeah, this update im crashing more than usually maybe its this "Tlopo Prom" thing

Current issues I'm having (just listing them out, not blaming anyone or complaining for lack of "good maintenance", I applaud the developers for all their hard work)
  • Crashing occurs anywhere from 5 minutes to about an hour of gameplay
  • Older quests are reappearing in journal even though I completed them months ago (i.e. Weapon Unlock: Voodoo Doll and Treasures: Rudyard's Teeth)
  • Flagships don't drop loot (Look, you guys first added them, they wouldn't respawn or let you board them, now they work but don't give loot. The friggin' things work, so I couldn't care less about loot. If anyone is complaining about the lack of loot, here's an idea: SINK OTHER SHIPS!!!! That's the whole point of sinking ships is to GET THE BOOTY... sounds like a double entendre)
  • The waves that appear behind my ship don't turn when I turn the ship (minor thing, just cosmetic. Works fine for enemy ships)
  • Damage from enemy grenades instantly damage you the second the enemy throws the grenade rather than have the 'nade fly to you, explode, then damage you.
  • Poison and fire DoT still not... I am so sorry to the developers and forum mods reading this at this point. *heheheheh*... still not working on either players or enemies (not really a big thing to worry about, but, just saying, it has been like this forever now. But there are other things to worry about)
  • Occasionally, when spawning on certain islands (for me all but Cuba), the area doesn't render and/or spawn properly, causing the player to float. Can still interact with objects if close enough. (Can be fixed by logging out and logging back in. Yes, it's a pain if you're trying to get to Kingshead, but at least you have a chance)
  • Jolly Roger shoving his hand cannon up my- *heheheheheh* I'm just messing with you on that one, I'm still slaughtering his army.
  • Player ships spawning on top of each other
  • Enemy ships spawning on top of each other... am I seeing a pattern here?
  • Multiple copies of enemy ships spawn to close to each other. Seriously, I keep seeing 3 EITC Barracudas sailing together like the 7 dwarfs from Snow White... ironically from Disney.
  • Enemy ship rendering distance (it's been a couple of months, but I swear the rendering distance to see enemy ships was like twice the radius as it is now)
  • Shipwright bug: when trying to leave the Shipwright menu, it remains stuck on Shipwrights. (Pressing Esc when this happens fixes it. Again, not a big deal, just a small detail)
  • Switching servers doesn't work (sometimes does if you try going to server "A", then server "B", which magically sends you to server "A")
  • Bosses causing crashes (I know that you guys told us about this, just saying), so for the moment DO NOT FIGHT BOSSES. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK... ironic.
  • (Personal gripe) The darn launcher is too small. That's not the problem though. The problem is that there's no friggin' way to enlarge it. Why? Did you guys make a deal with the magnifying glass companies or something. Just a joke, don't take it seriously. But at least update the launcher again so that I (we) can actually see what we're clicking on)
  • Suggestion: if you're gonna reset the district, can you at least give us a heads up? You know, like a notification like 30 seconds beforehand, like you guys do with server maintenance? Just a suggestion.
Ow... my wrists.

Last edited:
any updates with cleaning this patch up theres hardly any one on due to people getting disconnected
Earlier they said they were having trouble with servers. Not sure if they still are but the disconnect problem is still there. Don't get to stay on long before it does it and it does it to everyone in the area. And we tried several different servers.

Was on ~6 hours ago when the servers closed for an update, came back now and it says the servers are still closed for an update? Is this correct?

they're probably fixing all the crashes and disconnection issues. i'm happy they're getting around to it, just sad it happens RIGHT at my playtime that i rescheduled since the last update took up all of my last one. but whatever lol

Current issues I'm having (just listing them out, not blaming anyone or complaining for lack of "good maintenance", I applaud the developers for all their hard work)
  • Crashing occurs anywhere from 5 minutes to about an hour of gameplay
  • Older quests are reappearing in journal even though I completed them months ago (i.e. Weapon Unlock: Voodoo Doll and Treasures: Rudyard's Teeth)
  • Flagships don't drop loot (Look, you guys first added them, they wouldn't respawn or let you board them, now they work but don't give loot. The friggin' things work, so I couldn't care less about loot. If anyone is complaining about the lack of loot, here's an idea: SINK OTHER SHIPS!!!! That's the whole point of sinking ships is to GET THE BOOTY... sounds like a double entendre)
  • The waves that appear behind my ship don't turn when I turn the ship (minor thing, just cosmetic. Works fine for enemy ships)
  • Damage from enemy grenades instantly damage you the second the enemy throws the grenade rather than have the 'nade fly to you, explode, then damage you.
  • Poison and fire DoT still not... I am so sorry to the developers and forum mods reading this at this point. *heheheheh*... still not working on either players or enemies (not really a big thing to worry about, but, just saying, it has been like this forever now. But there are other things to worry about)
  • Occasionally, when spawning on certain islands (for me all but Cuba), the area doesn't render and/or spawn properly, causing the player to float. Can still interact with objects if close enough. (Can be fixed by logging out and logging back in. Yes, it's a pain if you're trying to get to Kingshead, but at least you have a chance)
  • Jolly Roger shoving his hand cannon up my- *heheheheheh* I'm just messing with you on that one, I'm still slaughtering his army.
  • Player ships spawning on top of each other
  • Enemy ships spawning on top of each other... am I seeing a pattern here?
  • Multiple copies of enemy ships spawn to close to each other. Seriously, I keep seeing 3 EITC Barracudas sailing together like the 7 dwarfs from Snow White... ironically from Disney.
  • Enemy ship rendering distance (it's been a couple of months, but I swear the rendering distance to see enemy ships was like twice the radius as it is now)
  • Shipwright bug: when trying to leave the Shipwright menu, it remains stuck on Shipwrights. (Pressing Esc when this happens fixes it. Again, not a big deal, just a small detail)
  • Switching servers doesn't work (sometimes does if you try going to server "A", then server "B", which magically sends you to server "A")
  • Bosses causing crashes (I know that you guys told us about this, just saying), so for the moment DO NOT FIGHT BOSSES. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK... ironic.
  • (Personal gripe) The darn launcher is too small. That's not the problem though. The problem is that there's no friggin' way to enlarge it. Why? Did you guys make a deal with the magnifying glass companies or something. Just a joke, don't take it seriously. But at least update the launcher again so that I (we) can actually see what we're clicking on)
  • Suggestion: if you're gonna reset the district, can you at least give us a heads up? You know, like a notification like 30 seconds beforehand, like you guys do with server maintenance? Just a suggestion.
Ow... my wrists.
awesome run down, I have noticed all of the above myself. Please dont take this as a slam or a cut down devs, but rather a great list of things to work on. Your all doing a great job, just trying to help. Another thing I noticed is that the enemy ships seem particularly aggressive, and they hit a lot harder than I remember. I got into a battle with 2 low level (12) ships and they almost sank my war brig. I sank them in 2 shots each, Im a poor shot maybe, but they were hitting pretty strong for a 12. If I had a smaller ship at a level 12 say I wouldnt stand a chance. Just info guys, not complaining. I realize this is beta, and Im cool with that, like I said not complaining, trying to help.

awesome run down, I have noticed all of the above myself. Please dont take this as a slam or a cut down devs, but rather a great list of things to work on. Your all doing a great job, just trying to help. Another thing I noticed is that the enemy ships seem particularly aggressive, and they hit a lot harder than I remember. I got into a battle with 2 low level (12) ships and they almost sank my war brig. I sank them in 2 shots each, Im a poor shot maybe, but they were hitting pretty strong for a 12. If I had a smaller ship at a level 12 say I wouldnt stand a chance. Just info guys, not complaining. I realize this is beta, and Im cool with that, like I said not complaining, trying to help.
I also noticed that ships were hitting pretty hard. A Spanish Crow or Cerberus (can't remember) sunk my War Frigate with upgraded armor pretty quickly since I didn't expect it to hit that hard.

Back