Release Notes 2017-6-22 tlopo-rc-v1.1.7

Bugfixes
  • A number of weapon skills now behave and charge properly (such as Bayonet Disable, Cleanse, Ghost Form, Dark Curse, Not in the Face, and Silver Freeze).
  • Fixed some skill boosts with ship customization.
  • Fixed numerous glitches with Blackjack and cheating.
  • Fixed a bug where enemies could still attack after being defeated.
  • Fixed an issue with code redemption.
  • Shrinkin' Grog, Growin' Grog, and Ghastly Visage potions now properly apply all of their silly effects to pirates!
Maintenance
  • Bounty Hunter threat level will no longer increase on light class ships.
  • Code cleanup.
  • Progressing from rank 3 to rank 4 Bounty Hunter threat level is now timed.
  • Whitelist and Blacklist additions/changes.

A few questions.
Does this mean that light sloops/galleons/frigates/brigs will no longer be able to obtain hunters and warships?
What does it mean that the transition from BH rank 3/4 is timed?
Do open fire/take cover now function properly?

Sweet, new update! Can't wait to see what I will be (or will not be) complaining about! heheheheh. And the list:
  • If you get Rank 4 at seas, you are unable to port anywhere. The ports are ALL CLOSED. So if you have loot, you're basically brown bread. (Confirmed to only affect servers other than Abassa)
  • The Hunters will only circle far away from you. It's very difficult to sink them. (How in the world would you know what? I don't even wanna know how you managed that. I'm just gonna tell myself that either you guys accidentally commented something out or deleted something.
  • Voodoo Doll is WORTHLESS when using it on groups. Don't bother using it, no XP and no LOOT.
  • Warships do not spawn properly and/or do not chase after me at Rank 4. Get rid of the timer, it's causing a lot of issues. Add it again when it functions somewhat like it's suppose to.
  • For me, it's officially IMPOSSIBLE to not crash when porting at any island on any server other than Abassa (if I'm lucky). (Seriously, is Abassa like the Dev Server or something?)
  • Server issues in a nutshell for me: Abassa works perfectly, aside from the 120+ people causing me to crash at seas. Other servers, open seas are pointless aside from XP.
  • Legendary Fish will not appear. I've spent nearly 10 hours trying to find them. (Need confirmation)
  • In addition to above, there is no way to get to actual named areas of the ocean. It's always stuck on Open Seas. Might be reason why Legendary fish don't appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Do we know when the servers will be back online? Currently getting a 505 error when trying to log in due to the update.

A few questions.
Does this mean that light sloops/galleons/frigates/brigs will no longer be able to obtain hunters and warships?
What does it mean that the transition from BH rank 3/4 is timed?
Do open fire/take cover now function properly?
Due to lower level ships being unfit for upgrades and the possibility of exploiting light ships against higher leveled enemies, these ships have been blacklisted from the threat ranking system. Scoundrel rank Three to Four which is bounty hunter > warships, now has a timer as a fallback. It was a key feature, unnoticed, but possible in POTCO.

Due to lower level ships being unfit for upgrades and the possibility of exploiting light ships against higher leveled enemies, these ships have been blacklisted from the threat ranking system. Scoundrel rank Three to Four which is bounty hunter > warships, now has a timer as a fallback. It was a key feature, unnoticed, but possible in POTCO.
Is this change about the light ships being blacklisted permanent? I personally would be against that - it should be how it was in POTCO. I could see this being the case until ships become more capable of hitting light ships, though - specifically, light sloops.

Love all of the bug fixes and feature implementations, checking things off the to-do list left and right. I can see launch day, and it is close.

Hunters/Warships move at the speed of light and are basically unsinkable, this needs to be fixed ASAP ecspecially as a fellow sailor who only sails the seas

Last edited:
after over an hour of testing Warships are perfectly fine DO NOT ADJUST THEM, Hunters are lighting fast and need fixed and regular enemy ships are still a bit too fast

When out on ship to get materials tonight the hunters are like someone fed them speed. They keep circling the ship farther out from the ship at lightning speed. Very hard for crew to hit them. The warships weren't as bad. Also went to tormenta and enemy is still able to hit you after they are dead. Also grave shackles stop you in your tracks, you cannot fight enemy till they are off you.

The bounty hunters are now circling your ship at high speeds, they will get infront of your ship hit you and sail away over and over, I've come to notice that war sloop bounty hunters are doing this a lot..

The bounty hunters are now circling your ship at high speeds, they will get infront of your ship hit you and sail away over and over, I've come to notice that war sloop bounty hunters are doing this a lot..
yup makes it pretty hard to kill them, only way i've found to easily kill them is have a big crew and you have to get up right next to it so it stops moving

yup makes it pretty hard to kill them, only way i've found to easily kill them is have a big crew and you have ot get up right next to it so it stops moving
Yeah for like 5 minutes it goes on coward mode and then when you don't attack it'll want your attention so it goes next to your ship and it feels like it wants to sink already or something so it lets you sink it

Back