Release Notes 2018-1-4 tlopo-rc-v1.8.1

Seahawk

Site Founder
Features
  • Dealer Shirts have returned to the Caribbean! You can find these old classics in loot as well as in their original tailors at Cuba and Port Royal.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a bug (and prevented further bugs) with holidays and redeem codes caused by changes in year.
  • Fixed a few bugs with quests.
  • Fixed an exploit with chat.
  • Potentially fixed that really annoying backend memory leak which is making our districts reset periodically.
Maintenance
  • Code cleanup.
  • Even more localizer tweaks. Bad grammar is seriously not welcome here.
On the Horizon
  • We're now monitoring the status of our servers in a more robust manner; more to come on this.
  • We are adding several public-facing APIs soon which will allow developers in the community the opportunity to create fan-made applications.

Can someone please explain this? Applications such as what?

I’m assuming they’ll be things like pirate databases or ship counters perhaps. Is this what the devs mean?

That does make sense, Dark.

If there's some kind of public accessible database of characters and stats, then it could be accessed for fan sites or mobile apps.

Even more localizer tweaks. Bad grammar is seriously not welcome here.
Oh... and here I was about to call Alonzo Lerone! Aw, shucks, foiled again. (What languages were affected by the bad grammar?)

ALSO: Thanks, potentially!
Potentially fixed that really annoying backend memory leak which is making our districts reset periodically.

I was never booted, but seeing those servers crash every so often made me weep for the people on loot and mat runs.

I’m assuming they’ll be things like pirate databases or ship counters perhaps. Is this what the devs mean?

That does make sense, Dark.

If there's some kind of public accessible database of characters and stats, then it could be accessed for fan sites or mobile apps.

When I read this, I thought it was going to be something kinda like what games on Steam have. Where Players can create reskins of items for the game.
Then again I have no idea what im talking about so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It likely is referring to resource packs that the devs have been promising for a long time. So players could create packs to change textures and sounds if they wanted to. And statistics, databases, etc. that could be used to create other useful applications.

When I read this, I thought it was going to be something kinda like what games on Steam have. Where Players can create reskins of items for the game.
Then again I have no idea what im talking about so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It likely is referring to resource packs that the devs have been promising for a long time. So players could create packs to change textures and sounds if they wanted to. And statistics, databases, etc. that could be used to create other useful applications.
Ah alright. I don't know how I feel about that. If there are fan-made items that are uploaded for consideration by the developers and are available server-wide, I'm okay with that. If the texture and sound changes are only player-side, not so much.

Resource packs wouldn't really have a use with public APIs hosted on the TLoPO website. APIs will allow developers in the community to create applications that might be related to pulling info from certain pirates (such as making some fan made database for a mobile app or website). APIs hosted on the website allow certain requests to be sent to the API ("server"), which, in turn, generates a response that is then sent back to the client from the API. So, yeah, I don't think the whole fan - made resource packs are coming just yet (though, I could be wrong, of course :p).

Back