Release Notes 5-21-2016 tlopo-alpha-1.8.0

Anyone know how to use the new Spanish translation? I looked through the options a few hours ago after updating but I didn't see it :(
I haven't checked it out but it could be that if your computer uses Spanish maybe TLOPO will as well. Or maybe there is an option in installation. Not sure though.

I haven't checked it out but it could be that if your computer uses Spanish maybe TLOPO will as well. Or maybe there is an option in installation. Not sure though.
My computer is in Spanish. It doesn't affect me really though because im a native English speaker, I'd just really like to expand my vocabulary with pirate-y words since that would be interesting :).

I tried to log in to check out sailing and it says it's closed for another update already?! How exciting after they have already added sailing today! I hope it's some enemy ships to test out! fingers crossed a million times!! Though I'm also just excited to see boats on the water!

I tried to log in to check out sailing and it says it's closed for another update already?! How exciting after they have already added sailing today! I hope it's some enemy ships to test out! fingers crossed a million times!! Though I'm also just excited to see boats on the water!
No enemy ships were added.

inside the tlopo folder, go to localizer.txt and change english to Spanish.
That works! But now I notice that it has trouble displaying the accented characters (á é í ó ú [maybe ü? I have no idea where it'd appear in game]) Look to the bottom left in "Haga clic aquí para elegir" Also, there are a lot of missing translations at first glance. I can help translate some of these if you guys would like.
https://gyazo.com/60395627b9e19e3d9f25ebfb98ee8627

Last edited:
That works! But now I notice that it has trouble displaying the accented characters (á é í ó ú [maybe ü? I have no idea where it'd appear in game]) Look to the bottom left in "Haga clic aquí para elegir" Also, there are a lot of missing translations at first glance. I can help translate some of these if you guys would like.
I believe @Mike Wass or @deanaug said the reason is because POTCO/TLOPO's font doesn't support special characters atm.

I believe @Mike Wass or @deanaug said the reason is because POTCO/TLOPO's font doesn't support special characters atm.
Torch is right, it's due to certain types of encoding not being supported (we're working on a fix).

We have a lot of Spanish translators on the team at the moment. I don't think we'll need any more, but if we would in the future, we'll send you a message.

2016-5-21
tlopo-alpha-v1.8.0
Features

• Sailing has been released!! Go visit a Shipwright to purchase a Ship!
  • A LOT of new Spanish translations are now available.
Maintenance

• Code cleanup.
  • Improved some moderation tools.
Bugfixes

• Fixed some graphical bugs with caves around the game.
Watched a video of it. Looks amazing. Very happy.

Back