60,000 Gold From One Poker Hand. Need Another Player To Help

Furst

Buccaneer
Pretty much how this goes is we keep raising the pot and the AI will eventually fold, then one of us folds and the other collects.

One person ends up taking the AI gold and the other players gold
Rense and repeat, but this time the other person wins.

If you want to do it with me, feel free to PM me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 3.44.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 3.44.07 PM.png
    715.7 KB · Views: 272
Well technically an exploit in games is to use a mechanic in a way not intended by developers. Whether or not the mechanic itself was intentional.

Considering POTCO never actually had a trading system, then either this is an exploit (as devs never wanted anyone to trade gold), or it's terrible game design (they considered it, decided gold trading is okay, but never added a proper way to trade it).

Last edited:
Well technically an exploit in games is to use a mechanic in a way not intended by developers. Whether or not the mechanic itself was intentional.

Considering POTCO never actually had a trading system, then either they never knew about it (which I doubt), this is an exploit (as devs never wanted anyone to trade gold), or it's terrible game design (they considered it, decided gold trading is okay, but never added a proper way to trade it).

Exploits typically require taking advantage of quirks in a games code. This behavior was intended although possibly not to this magnitude.

It's not an exploit - in fact, this behavior was present even in POTCO. It's a completely legitimate use of game mechanics. It's a pretty common way to transfer funds between pirates.
Same could be said for the method of obtaining gold from SvS using a friend and 2 light sloops with 1000-2500 per kill but heh

Exploits typically require taking advantage of quirks in a games code. This behavior was intended although possibly not to this magnitude.
"Taking advantage of quirks in a games code" is often an exploit, yes, but that's not the requirement. As I said before, all you need to do to be exploiting is to do something in the game that was not intended by the developers.

But I also said it might not be an exploit, as the devs might have considered and allowed it. But then it's poor design, because if you want gold trading to be possible it's quite stupid for it to have such risks (another player joining the table, or even the AI beating you).

Same could be said for the method of obtaining gold from SvS using a friend and 2 light sloops with 1000-2500 per kill but heh
Well that one was indeed deemed an exploit, and so a bounty limit was patched into SvS

I need gold lol.
Got the mats for my tier 6 treasure hunter sloop but not the gold. I'm terrible in making gold.

How does one tell if it's a real player or not anyways?
And the card games allow cheating in game in the first place. Of course there's risks involved.

Be careful doing this. I did it with my pirate and an alt and an NPC went all the way with us until my alt ran out of gold and then won the 131k pot... I suppose that's the risk you take lol.

"Taking advantage of quirks in a games code" is often an exploit, yes, but that's not the requirement. As I said before, all you need to do to be exploiting is to do something in the game that was not intended by the developers.

But I also said it might not be an exploit, as the devs might have considered and allowed it. But then it's poor design, because if you want gold trading to be possible it's quite stupid for it to have such risks (another player joining the table, or even the AI beating you).

Well that one was indeed deemed an exploit, and so a bounty limit was patched into SvS
I was trying to read the wiki for how to tell npc's at a poker table and this whole conversation about teaming up at the table is totally in the wiki and explained thoroughly.

Guilds do this all the time, and it's allowed in the game to talk to each other. Obviously we can't do that in real life, but this isn't real life and we're pirates after all. Personally, I don't consider this an exploit. Other newer players can get cleaned out of course, but the wiki described going into quiet taverns. And the wiki seemed written about npc and not ripping other pirates off and using the game mechanics themselves.
And I still don't know how to recognize npc's at the table.

Cheat Cards are part of the game and using "Ones Savvy" based on this hint is also.:cheers: Doesn't mean we need to tell everyone about it:pirate1:
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
I was trying to read the wiki for how to tell npc's at a poker table and this whole conversation about teaming up at the table is totally in the wiki and explained thoroughly.

Guilds do this all the time, and it's allowed in the game to talk to each other. Obviously we can't do that in real life, but this isn't real life and we're pirates after all. Personally, I don't consider this an exploit. Other newer players can get cleaned out of course, but the wiki described going into quiet taverns. And the wiki seemed written about npc and not ripping other pirates off and using the game mechanics themselves.
And I still don't know how to recognize npc's at the table.
They don't have purple names above their heads, before you sit down.

They don't have purple names above their heads, before you sit down.
aye. So the real people have purple names before and after I sit? Because everyone has a name pop up as their turn is on. Saw a name like Linda Realswine or something like that.

Back