A guild for adults

Coastal Pirates was... it is sadly past its prime though. GM has been MIA for a while.

I believe Dueces Wild was also an adults-only guild, but I have not seen a member from there in a long time.

Your best bet (imo) is to make it forum-based and take only forum requests. As for verification, you can talk to the Mods but it isn't fool-proof that way (I administrate another forum, people put false DOBs in all the time), and it is only if the staff are willing.

Hahahha. A small group of friends and I experimented with the idea, and with us being busy adults it did get a little boring, however there were only about 20 of us, so that doesn't help either.

My guild Booted Masters only accepts adult players

Within your guild, how does your GM/officers/veterans assure that pirates are "who" they say that they arrrrr?
One important lesson I will take away from playing POTCO (the 'only' MMOG I play), is that you really can't guarantee who the other person is on the opposite end of the pirate :p!
old-ladies-now-pirate-ebooks-0.jpg

Within your guild, how does your GM/officers/veterans assure that pirates are "who" they say that they arrrrr?
One important lesson I will take away from playing POTCO (the 'only' MMOG I play), is that you really can't guarantee who the other person is on the opposite end of the pirate :p!
OOOOHHHHHH So True!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Shamus. Never know if people really are who they say. Seems to me it would be tough to run a guild like that but I guess some people just like that better. :eek:

On the other hand, I believe "N O T O R I O U S" is adults only. ^_^

would ye have her phone number by any chance, Shamus?

If you look for an adult-only guild with the consideration that adults are supposed to 'act and behave' like adults are supposed to do, just remember, that it works vice versa. Some teenagers act and behave like supposedly adults should do (the positive things). BTW, in my opinion, 'act' refers to actions (of course ...), in this game-related case, they way they speak, respond, what they talk about; and 'behave' refers to the positive side of the actions (as notable by common norms).

I know a lot friends who said they were teenagers, and I didn't know it until they told me so, because they behaved so well. On the other hand, I have friends who they said they were adults, and acted 'childish' (being pushy, mad when I didn't have time to respond promptly on the chat, could not accept differences then gave me silent treatment for weeks, etc. ;) ).

So I guess, setting up a guild with the purpose of having adult-only members is good, but since there is no guarantee that pirates say who they say they are, the most important thing is to know who you are guilding first before guilding them. If they are friends of friends that we almost sure are adults, and our friends can testify a little bit about how those friends act and behave, then those are the pirates who we are looking for to join the guild. Still no a guarantee, but that will narrow down the open possibilities out there. Plus, we wouldn't know for sure if we could get along with each other until they join the guild anyway.

I do have quite a few adult friends (I'm almost sure by the way the act and what they speak about) in NOTORIOUS that are dear friends to me. So I can testify that it is a good guild, but I cannot confirm if they are 'all' adults in there.

In response to Shamus question, While its true that you can't really know for sure that someone is who they say they are online. I know as I admin. a very large forum site. There are some other things to go by when looking to keep a guild as an adult guild. For starters if they are on speed chat, odds are that they are a very young player. I prefer adults only in my guild as I want to keep drama to a minimum and I'm also very selective when it comes to the adults. I don't want people who go around game griefing or stirring up trouble with other players and guilds

Jade response explained very well methods to narrow it down and pretty well guarantee keeping your guild an adult guild. BTW Jade the GM of NOTORIOUS is a very good friend of mine.

We don't guild random players and,We don't guild on demand IE... if a player approaches one of us begging or demanding to join. they are out of luck.

We screen prospects by spending time in game with them getting to know them, often crewing with them several times before inviting them to join.

We observe their behavior and how they interact with other players before considering them for our guild.

We don't push our guild at others, as some players do. In other words we don't go around trying to talk people into dropping their guild to join ours.

Most of our people are players who have been in game since back in 07-08 and have mastered several pirates.

We encourage friends who have made new pirates to consider bringing them to our guild. Most of our recruiting is done among our friends and recommendations from friends.

As Jade mentioned there are some very well behaved teen players in game, We focus on other adult players. Younger players have a tendency to guild only others in their age group hence the reason we avoid them as prospects.

Before this turns into a guild bashing age discrimination type of rant thread let me remind everyone of another thread regarding guild rules. Guild rules are established at the discretion of the GM and guild membership is voluntary.

Self portrait, Shamus? /Giggle

But to address the issue here - I have met people belonging to adult only guilds.. I just can't remember the name of the guild or who I was talking to. At the time she said the youngest was in their 40's and after a certain time of night most of the guild is silent as the elderly go to bed early.

Sounds * cough * fun.
:/

Coastal Pirates was... it is sadly past its prime though. GM has been MIA for a while.

Awww Johnny S's guild? Gosh I loved that guild lol had a pirate there. I remember the first time the guild went inactive many years ago was coz he & most of the guild went to play Lord of the Rings Online, then the came back like a year later & played for a while & or so but then I ended up quitting potco about 2 yrs ago when another game I was -still lol- playing got really interesting lol. lol was just here checking out what the guild-gossip is these days & if potco is worth a lil visit every now & then or not lol.

Another adult guild that adored was Club Blue 72!!!! Wish it still existed lol, but I heard the GM quit the game & left for some other game - no hope of a resurrection here because the Jo left guild before transferring gm-status to someone else.

well my guild is Soul of a Gypsy, i am an adult, i guess, 28,..but i am anything but boring,..and i believe in the funny, i am out spoken, guess is why i had to make my own guild, there are about 100 of us now, it has been about a month, yes, they call me tact less indigo, loud mouth gypsy, no i dont make fun of people, i just have fun, to me that is what the game is all about, and we have some kids in the guild, but mostly adults, because, i guess some of my jokes, are a little, i guess you could say they go over there head, but you have to have fun in the game, that is what it is all about..:parrot:

gramma,...get home, now,...you know how long we been looking for you,...crud,...

Back