A healers open letter

Ok. I can agree with most of -all the above-except for "the spot is taken" and ppl should ask permission to play there as it is already occupied.
No. Everyone has a right to play any place on the game. If I go to DH or anywhere else and someone is playing there don't expect me to ask if I can play there...I will not be a very nice person if you say this to me. I pay to play and I will not ask anyone if I can play at any particular "spot" in the game just because others are already there. The servers are crowded enough and I won't go to 10 servers looking for an empty spot! :daggermouth:
One tough cookie... :p

As far as the low levels coming out of nowhere, jumping in and trying to steal rep... I'm more than happy to back off, let them get KO'd and yell at me for healing while I watch them die a slow death. :skullpeak: Maybe toss in a "bummer" right before they disappear. I'm a little short on sympathy for people like that.

This post is spot on.. I try to be polite, if a low lvl pirate is in over their head, I'll heal/revive the first time and gently tell them the enemy is too high a lvl. for them here.. if they continue to attack, well then, they are on their own and my hearing becomes selective. As for spots being taken, I seem to be encountering that more often when I'm playing. I think because Disney has taken servers away, its become more difficult to find places to lvl quietly. I've had people tell me to leave even when I was there first, seems encounters with rude people in game are up..

great post and it's long over due. i just take it on a pirate to pirate basis. if the smaller pirate is savvy about what their doing, like taking one shot just to get their share of the loot i don't have a proublem with that. my favoright thing now days is helpping others. if they go down i will save them and do again if they at least say thanks. if they are smart they won't get koed that much anyway. if they are friends, guild mates or i like the way they handel themselves i will stay and heal them. we all desurve a chance at that famed sword or what ever. :flag:

To say my words about topic

Many pirates are just spoiled rude kids also called "curling kids" parents have saved their kids from all kinds of things where using brain were necessary for solving stuff and they have forgotten to fill in any moral in those kids.

I'm sorry I'm blaming it on the parents. Those kids are gonna have enough trouble in their life not being able to politely socialize with others.

Oh yeah and btw. To those kids I say:

"hey dude, I'm not gonna do anything to you, before you learn how to say please and thank you and be greatful for me helping you out"

they often go to jail before I type that in, but then they can think about that behind the bars.

Very well said!

Ok. I can agree with most of -all the above-except for "the spot is taken" and ppl should ask permission to play there as it is already occupied.
No. Everyone has a right to play any place on the game. If I go to DH or anywhere else and someone is playing there don't expect me to ask if I can play there...I will not be a very nice person if you say this to me. I pay to play and I will not ask anyone if I can play at any particular "spot" in the game just because others are already there. The servers are crowded enough and I won't go to 10 servers looking for an empty spot!

I disagree with this in part, while I agree that everyone has a right to play anyplace in game, if the spot is occupied, then asking to join or switching servers is simply the polite thing to do. I would like to see some new bosses added that do not drop loot other than gold and maybe clothing items, It seems that now more people are less interested in leveling than hunting loot. You might not want to do ten server changes in order to find a quiet boss, but then neither does that person who was there first. Here lately I've seen a trend when someone is at a boss another person will show up and invite all their friends effectivly taking over the boss from the person who happened to be there first. This subject could take up its own thread.

I disagree with this in part, while I agree that everyone has a right to play anyplace in game, if the spot is occupied, then asking to join or switching servers is simply the polite thing to do. I would like to see some new bosses added that do not drop loot other than gold and maybe clothing items, It seems that now more people are less interested in leveling than hunting loot. You might not want to do ten server changes in order to find a quiet boss, but then neither does that person who was there first. Here lately I've seen a trend when someone is at a boss another person will show up and invite all their friends effectivly taking over the boss from the person who happened to be there first. This subject could take up its own thread.

I have to disagree here Red. You can level everywhere but you can't loot everywhere. So when one person think they can have, let's say Dark Hart all by them selves, they are naive and kinda selfish to believe that. I dont think you need to ask permission to go fight a boss on a online game where servers are way to busy. I can say hello and how you doing, but I will never ask if its ok that I'll be joining in on a well known looting boss in game. No way, if they need to be alone they'll go to a not so visited place like outcast or perdida (good places to level grenades btw)

"I disagree with this in part, while I agree that everyone has a right to play anyplace in game, if the spot is occupied, then asking to join or switching servers is simply the polite thing to do."

Sure Red Nations...I have an hour or so to play and I am going to spend all that time running to DH or the Cove or sailing to and then running to the Thrall Room. Sure.....I am just thrilled to do this server after server so an individual can keep their "spot" they believe they are entitled to for some reason. Polite is saying hello or a mind if I hit a few, but it is not required. Polite yes, required no! Who wants to change servers and run 10 times just so "you" can play by yourself or with your friend. Learn to share and the ole "rep stealer" is obsolete in these times of limited servers at DH and other good loot drop places. I was playing at the southern grave yesterday, there 2 hours, pirate came with blunder ...I asked him to use another weapon...he refused. I could either stay and blunder also and take that chance of "who shot first and got loot" or leave. Not worth my time so I left. No loot there anyway but it was quiet :p. He had a right to be there and use whatever he chose. Was he rude? Oh Ya! He was mastered fully and anyone knows it only takes one hit to get loot. He was a rude, rear end of a donkey. I mumbled a few curse words under my breath before I left! :angel:

"I disagree with this in part, while I agree that everyone has a right to play anyplace in game, if the spot is occupied, then asking to join or switching servers is simply the polite thing to do."

Sure Red Nations...I have an hour or so to play and I am going to spend all that time running to DH or the Cove or sailing to and then running to the Thrall Room. Sure.....I am just thrilled to do this server after server so an individual can keep their "spot" they believe they are entitled to for some reason. Polite is saying hello or a mind if I hit a few, but it is not required. Polite yes, required no! Who wants to change servers and run 10 times just so "you" can play by yourself or with your friend. Learn to share and the ole "rep stealer" is obsolete in these times of limited servers at DH and other good loot drop places. I was playing at the southern grave yesterday, there 2 hours, pirate came with blunder ...I asked him to use another weapon...he refused. I could either stay and blunder also and take that chance of "who shot first and got loot" or leave. Not worth my time so I left. No loot there anyway but it was quiet :p. He had a right to be there and use whatever he chose. Was he rude? Oh Ya! He was mastered fully and anyone knows it only takes one hit to get loot. He was a rude, rear end of a donkey. I mumbled a few curse words under my breath before I left! :angel:

i must say i agree with you mostly. and this thread has gotten a little off topic. i thought it was about healing not loot spots and such

I have to disagree here Red. You can level everywhere but you can't loot everywhere. So when one person think they can have, let's say Dark Hart all by them selves, they are naive and kinda selfish to believe that. I dont think you need to ask permission to go fight a boss on a online game where servers are way to busy. I can say hello and how you doing, but I will never ask if its ok that I'll be joining in on a well known looting boss in game. No way, if they need to be alone they'll go to a not so visited place like outcast or perdida (good places to level grenades btw)
Nicely said.

Well... some ppl just ask for heal when they are not healing and not have intentions to start healing or helping ppl around them.... plz help each others. :arrrrr:

Some "very" good debate that has been mentioned here within this thread!

In my opinion ('somewhat' off topic), I suspect what fundamentally bothers each of us perhaps is not what others expect from us (or our own 'rights' to play at a particular spot) but rather the...behavior... from other pirates that we feel is unacceptably...
  • rude/selfish
  • inconsiderate
  • ungrateful
  • lack of good judgement
*Avast! I am repeating really what others have already mentioned on this thread but...it is true, I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone is polite I'll likely crew them and tell them to tp back from jail if they're killed. If they're rude, I'll stop attacking the boss as soon as they start and type "brb" in local chat. I'll use potions to stay alive, or life drain a lower lvl enemy until the boss stops attacking me and focuses on them. When that happens, it's usually a good time to refill my drink, lol.

lets see...been there done wore the t-shirt till it fell off...first off i do try to be pollite (at first) if somebody or a group is at a location i generally ask to join.. now sometimes you get to join but other times you get denied in those cases i poof to my fav server Monada, why? cuz nobody is there except during the daytime. and everybody here has valid points, and truely it is all about the player and not the game. if somebody comes in and DEMANDS me to heal them i simply say "Sorry i don't do requests..." :D now the this spot is taken is a kinda clickish thing to me. cuz certain pirates hang out with, well certain pirates and that isn't right either. that's what is so nice being a loner.experimentation is an awesome thing. groups are fun if you like what you are doing. a general rule of thumb, mastered pirates should heal, but only if they want too. and then there are ppl that when you get to a certain site and they say plz leave even if you asked them nicely. to hese ppl i say spread the word to other pirates don't participate with them. they are what i call "hoarders" an generally should be straiht up left alone. in my experience i have ran into a few of these "hoarders" and when i retaliated they simply got me back by ghosting me for a week. as in they followed me everywhere and just were a nuisence to me. now ik there isn't really any good answer to this situation, but common courtesy goes a long way, and as mentioned before most of theses pirates aren't adults yet and it is truely sad cuz if they are this way here i am scared to think what they are like in rl.

Back