Blog Post A Stream Surpassing Expectations!

Bobby Flat Foot

Pirate Lord
07-20-2016-julydevstream_752x400.jpg

Posted by Rusty Fiddles on July 20, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

Avast, ye Landlubbers!

I thought now be the time to properly introduce meself. Me name be Rusty Fiddles, but ye can call me Captain Fiddles… Well ye can call me that, although it isn’t technically correct -- but let’s not squabble over details. The more ye call me Captain, the more likely I am to become one! Sound reasoning, don’t ye think?

Anyhow, I’m known as a bit of a herald in these waters -- these waters being the Caribbean. Try to keep up, eh? It be my job to travel from port to port, sharing the latest happenings in the Caribbean. Some of me stories be true, while others are of a more… questionable nature. To be honest, some of me words be plain fiction, but who am I to question me sources? I’m a herald, not a bloody post.

But today be different, I swear. Why? Well, I’ve seen this story with me own two eyes, so ye can rest assured it be true. Lean in a bit, because it’s a big one. The Legend of Pirates Online recently hosted a top secret, no nonsense LIVESTREAM on Twitch.

Ye can watch the stream yerself above. It’s chock full of features on the horizon -- never seen before. Real good stuff. Watch it and get yerself ready for what’s in store... Just don’t tell anyone ye got it from me, savvy?​

Very reassuring... wish we didn't have to deal with the unmentioned, unfortunate d.

I still wish them all the best in their personal lives but it does look like we are sailing on at a great rate of knots and no one knows the programming seas like a sailor.

Congrats on the progress once again! :piano::dance:
PS. Oh yeah btw, 1.5 million lines of code for what? I didn't quite get it, if someone could explain more clearly it would be appreciated thnx in advance. ( I mean is that the whole game or part of it? To date.)
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
This was such a fun stream :D

Each stream the game looks better and more refined, this one it seems you guys have really got combat down pat. As well questing, sailing, and looting, those things look great too!

I remember I was sitting on my couch browsing the forums when I saw Mike's post about the stream. I literally raced into my room, booted up my comp as fast as I could and got in their twitch.

One of my favorite parts is how the devs actually interact with the community on stream, like answering questions and showing features of the game. In POTCO, staff-player communication was virtually non-existent, it's great to see the devs care so much about the community and bringing the game back.

I honestly just can't wait to play this game again, it was a huge part of my childhood, and it looks like it's so close to being done!!

Back