Idea A way to make potions more interesting.

Would you like to see a system like this implemented to make potions more interesting?

• Nay! Leave 'em the way they are!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jim Hexskull

Wiki Staff
It's no secret that potions are in fact one of most pirates least favorite activities. I know they are for me. With that being said, I come to you all today with an idea of a way to make them a bit more interesting. As of right now, you can brew a bunch of mediocre potions for no real reward, which doesn't entice players to actually brew potions. I propose we add special potions that can be brewed after so many other potions are brewed. For Example:

20 potions brewed = 1 special potion

Basically after making 20 potions, a special potion will appear in the potion list, you can then choose to brew this potion for a special reward. It would be an incredibly difficult potion to make. The special potion would have random effects and rewards. Maybe it gives you 3000 gold? Maybe it gives you a potion for a 35% rep increase for an hour? Maybe it gives you a "Jack's Brew" like potion. The possibilities could then be limitless, and could make potion brewing, much more lucrative, and entertaining. Any and all feedback is welcomed. I would love to know everyone's thoughts on this idea.

I agree but disagree, people can just grind out the easiest, lowest potion, and get these amazing special ones. Maybe a different way besides that.
I agree with that, it'd have to be certain potions only, in order to get the special potion. That way it's a bit more difficult to do, rather than just grinding.

Honestly, it doesn't change the fact that making potions is tediously boring. Upon reaching Lv. 20 in potions, everyone neglects potions and doesn't bother making any. They don't really add any true value to the game in my opinion - they just act as another concept to master.

Adding special potions would only force players to grind more in hopes of getting a good potion so they can go do something else. You're right about the need to make it interesting - but your approach doesn't really appeal to me. Why not just add special potions to the craft list? I'm sure there are many other ways potions could be made more interesting.

Besides, potions never felt pirate-y to me. Instead of crafting potions, Disney should have allowed us to craft special forms of grenades and ammunition.

Maybe it gives you 3000 gold?
Made me lol - imagine drinking this and immediately hearing the gold sound effect. You could name it Leprechaun's blessing.

Edit - my post might have not been clear enough. I'm all for making potions more interesting, just disagreeing with the approach. I'm sure there are better ways.

Honestly, it doesn't change the fact that making potions is tediously boring. Upon reaching Lv. 20 in potions, everyone neglects potions and doesn't bother making any. They don't really add any true value to the game in my opinion - they just act as another concept to master.

Adding special potions would only force players to grind more in hopes of getting a good potion so they can go do something else. You're right about the need to make it interesting - but your approach doesn't really appeal to me. Why not just add special potions to the craft list? I'm sure there are many other ways potions could be made more interesting.

Besides, potions never felt pirate-y to me. Instead of crafting potions, Disney should have allowed us to craft special forms of grenades and ammunition.

Made me lol - imagine drinking this and immediately hearing the gold sound effect. You could name it Leprechaun's blessing.

Edit - my post might have not been clear enough. I'm all for making potions more interesting, just disagreeing with the approach. I'm sure there are better ways.
I can agree with that. As I said, all feedback is welcome.

This could take awhile to implement however because the original goal of TLOPO was to recreate POTCO exactly as it was before it was improved.

This could take awhile to implement however because the original goal of TLOPO was to recreate POTCO exactly as it was before it was improved.
Definitely, it would be much later down the road, after the game went live. It's just a suggestion for a future addition.

Back