Sailing A whole bunch of misery

squintz

Pirate Lord
Tonight was a struggle in every way possible. Broken porting. Total containers missing from manifests. 6 skull chests in manifests never shown up when ported. DC'd every time in minutes of starting session.
So many of the same things going on I didn't bother with in game reports at all. I tried Abassa the whole time, so I knew I'd be tested.

Massive lag even in small clusters. Log in issues. Extremely long log in times assorted steps. Load screen freezes. Missing scenery. Dc'd while trying to board own ship.

I did see something interesting on Padres. As I was trying to board the dingy, I noticed for maybe the first time ever, I was able to see ships at sea from the beach. They were in silhouette, but clearly in battle and moving about.

I don't believe I've ever seen this before the whole time I've been beta testing. People had said that potco one could see ships from shore all the time. I clearly seemed to be watching the same cluster that I just left. I was either dc'g on porting in or trying to board my ship. I didn't bother to try to tp to another island.

Today I was sailing, everything lagged out and then all the sudden hundreds of cannonballs came flying at my screen! Haha

Today I was sailing, everything lagged out and then all the sudden hundreds of cannonballs came flying at my screen! Haha
Yes, plenty of weirdness for sure. On one of my attempts to sail, I noticed lots of ships surrounding me before I took the helm. Even an enemy ship was lodged across my ship. When I took the helm, it seemed like everyone in the proximity started firing at me. Every blip on the map turned to my direction. Needless to say, I didn't get anywhere. Jumping off helm didn't stop them either. I saw a couple other pirates ships near me so maybe they brought them in while I dc'd.
Have you ever seen ships from shore in tlopo lately?

Yes, plenty of weirdness for sure. On one of my attempts to sail, I noticed lots of ships surrounding me before I took the helm. Even an enemy ship was lodged across my ship. When I took the helm, it seemed like everyone in the proximity started firing at me. Every blip on the map turned to my direction. Needless to say, I didn't get anywhere. Jumping off helm didn't stop them either. I saw a couple other pirates ships near me so maybe they brought them in while I dc'd.
Have you ever seen ships from shore in tlopo lately?
Yes! I have seen the ships from shore! I didn't remember being able to see them like this, actually took a screenshot. Thought it looked really cool :p
Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 2.30.54 PM.png

Back