Idea Achievements!

Rodrigo Mares

Swashbuckler
Catch TLOPO up with the times! Make TLOPO an Achiever again!

Achievements are those little funny/quirky notifications you get for accomplishing something in the game.

Whenever you finish sinking your first ship, you can get a funny notification saying "Taking what you can, giving back to the sea"

It would keep players a bit more entertained and maybe some may love to accomplish milestones.

Milestones can include anything from ships sunk, skull chests looted, materials earned, ships owned, etc.

Are you referring too something like the "badge" system on wizard101? If you've never played that it would be something like after you kill a specific number of an enemy type you get a badge.

Thinking from the mind of someone who also plays World of Warcraft, I know exactly what they're going for with this, but it's partially a pitfall, as has happened in WoW, you'll get elitist players that will require proof by way of showing you have an achievement before allowing you into a given activity. I don't think TLOPO needs achievements in the directly correlated sense, especially if they're looking to maintain the feel of POTCO.

Are you referring too something like the "badge" system on wizard101? If you've never played that it would be something like after you kill a specific number of an enemy type you get a badge.
It’s more like what Steam has... It gives the user a catchy little notification for doing something otherwise mediocre. I can totally see it happening with the overall TLOPO UI

Thinking from the mind of someone who also plays World of Warcraft, I know exactly what they're going for with this, but it's partially a pitfall, as has happened in WoW, you'll get elitist players that will require proof by way of showing you have an achievement before allowing you into a given activity. I don't think TLOPO needs achievements in the directly correlated sense, especially if they're looking to maintain the feel of POTCO.
You can keep the POTCO feel, I think it’s an idea that more or less can be molded into TLOPO’s needs

Back