Add a chat Davy? :D

Pluto-Z

Notorious Pirate
This is just an idea, but maybe we can add a chat here on the forums? It may not be possible but it would be cool :)

https://piratesforums.co/threads/pirates-forums-chat.2089/#post-35588

This was discussed before so check the link above... The conversation/message option here is pretty good and fast. Plus it can have up to 5 people. Also, you can leave a coment in someones page and use that almost like a chat. So chat box is really not needed. This is in addition to what is mentioned on the link above.

yea but with the messaging system the person you message may not be on atm. see what im getting at?

As has come up several times, we currently feel that a chat would just take away from the forums. People would post less.

It's also worth noting that right now development on the forums is essentially on hold. I have been busy (and as some may have figured by now have other projects to attend to for now). We'll see what happens as far as POTCO and if it is still going strong there are a lot of things I'd like to do on the forums.

We'll see. Thanks for your suggestions though.

There's many chat programs you can use, I hope it doesn't get added here.
Like Davy said, it would take away from forums.
Davy is a busy man. Thank you Davy for all that you do!
Davey paperwork lol.jpeg

Then this will not be the forums as much, it will be more of a chat room then forums, and I like the forums more,

Thank you for all you do Davy

I wasn't meaning this in ANY rude manner Davy Darkrage just to get that cleared up. :). But, in my own personal opinion, a chat room is for talking to people that are online, a message system is to notify. This would still be a forums because for example, I'm talking to Jim Hexskull and there's a thread that I'd like for him to checkout..... I simply talk to him via chat room and there ya go! Of course I understand you are very busy, and this is not a necessity, I think it would be neat, and sorry for this being brought up many times, didn't notice :/.

I wasn't meaning this in ANY rude manner Davy Darkrage just to get that cleared up. :). But, in my own personal opinion, a chat room is for talking to people that are online, a message system is to notify. This would still be a forums because for example, I'm talking to Jim Hexskull and there's a thread that I'd like for him to checkout..... I simply talk to him via chat room and there ya go! Of course I understand you are very busy, and this is not a necessity, I think it would be neat, and sorry for this being brought up many times, didn't notice :/.

Now,Now i know what you mean i'm just telling you? Now this is going of topic. :)

Back