Suggestion Add something unique to fishing loot.

Eric Sailcutter

Pirate Lord
I feel that since fishing loot was nerfed, a long time ago now; fishing has become lack luster. I'm not advocating to go back to the super loot of early Beta. I just feel that as it is the only things to fish for are gold and fishing records and so, I'd like to suggest some loot item/s that can only be had by fishing. Cannon Defense has the Rev Ram and fishing being an on the water activity I'd like to see some kind of unique sailing item/s, along the lines of the Rev Ram, added to the fishing loot tables. So far I've not got great ideas for specific items but I'm thinking about it and would love to hear other's ideas on this.

I'd like to see something like this, alongside a mild buff to fishing rates. That being said, I think a fishing-exclusive legendary is a bad idea coming from someone who had to fish up 3 silver freezes before getting a first lost sword. The thing with fishing is that there's less to get on the road to a legendary than from looting on land or by sailing, as you can get brights, guns, famed cursed etc. from that.
In terms of famed, I think sailing items would be a good idea. I think some other types of famed based off the deep ocean would fit too, as this is where the fish would probably get these weapons from.

I'd like to see something like this, alongside a mild buff to fishing rates. That being said, I think a fishing-exclusive legendary is a bad idea coming from someone who had to fish up 3 silver freezes before getting a first lost sword. The thing with fishing is that there's less to get on the road to a legendary than from looting on land or by sailing, as you can get brights, guns, famed cursed etc. from that.
In terms of famed, I think sailing items would be a good idea. I think some other types of famed based off the deep ocean would fit too, as this is where the fish would probably get these weapons from.
That would just make that certain legendary rarer which is a good thing because it's suppose to be legendary and not common like a lot of other legendaries. They could also make common, rare, and famed items that are exclusively for fishing.

I agree with this it might make some people whom don't like to fish or even level it finally have a reason or a want to actually level or grind fishing..

That would just make that certain legendary rarer which is a good thing because it's suppose to be legendary and not common like a lot of other legendaries. They could also make common, rare, and famed items that are exclusively for fishing.
What he meant by that is that since you're not able to get the same loot fishing than looting via killing an enemy, the drop rate for a legendary wouldn't be as hard to get in land.

I personally don't feel a Legendary on its own would be a worth-while introduction to fishing. Sort of like Cursed Blades to Raven's and Admiral weapons to sailing, I feel like Fishing requires an entirely new set of weapons with their own niche uses (atop of any Legendary concept put together) to put any type of significance back into the Fishing activity. As of right now, it's nothing more than quest fodder, and as shown by the prior to the tweaks done to fishing in 2018, it doesn't take much to completely bust the droprates. (Ask around, players managed hordes of famed and a few Legendaries while fishing's droprates were up.)

do you guys really want to fish more, though?

I'm not against it to be entirely honest, I'd welcome new ways of obtaining niche weapons beside looting or sea drops. 😃 While I have an overall gripe with the fishing activity, I do think something to at least help players enjoy it (or suffer through it for a weapon that they'll end up loving, either way) could be a temporary amendment until a tweak comes to make fishing a more enjoyable activity overall.

I dunno though, this moreso goes into the realm of what would you all be interested in seeing regarding the weapons that can be obtained from fishing? or clothing? Anything is possible, and inspiration is always a plus too.

I'm not against it to be entirely honest, I'd welcome new ways of obtaining niche weapons beside looting or sea drops. 😃 While I have an overall gripe with the fishing activity, I do think something to at least help players enjoy it (or suffer through it for a weapon that they'll end up loving, either way) could be a temporary amendment until a tweak comes to make fishing a more enjoyable activity overall.

I dunno though, this moreso goes into the realm of what would you all be interested in seeing regarding the weapons that can be obtained from fishing? or clothing? Anything is possible, and inspiration is always a plus too.
I've just always found fishing to be one of the more chorelike activities in this game. It's not something I'd be happy to do more of at all.

For now I just fish for Gold and XP other then the Req quests . It'd be nice to see some additions to make It more tolerable ! I half fall to sleep doing L 10 -20 ! lol

Great thoughts everyone. I was really not thinking legendary/s with this but more along the lines of the Rev Ram. I think that no other mini game has a legendary and at this point I don’t see why that should change. Maybe with a huge revamp of fishing as @Misha has suggested in another thread, but I’m really thinking add something unique to fishing as it is, this would be easy and fast to implement and bring a little excitement to fishing with very little development time required. Not that I’m against revamping fishing, I’ll be very interested to see what develops on Misha’s thread.

Great thoughts everyone. I was really not thinking legendary/s with this but more along the lines of the Rev Ram. I think that no other mini game has a legendary and at this point I don’t see why that should change. Maybe with a huge revamp of fishing as @Misha has suggested in another thread, but I’m really thinking add something unique to fishing as it is, this would be easy and fast to implement and bring a little excitement to fishing with very little development time required. Not that I’m against revamping fishing, I’ll be very interested to see what develops on Misha’s thread.
Other mini games don't drop loot though except cannon defense so that's why I suggested a legendary to be added to fishing loot drops. Also it seems like the only way to get players to loot somewhere is to add a valuable item to the loot drops. Do you think most players would loot at the watcher or the new boss if a unique legendary didn't drop there or even palifico and the twins?

No, but clicking on those bosses while watching Netflix and chatting with friends is much more tolerable than fishing.
Personally, I find fishing more engaging than boss looting and feel that way too much emphasis has been put on boss looting. Boss looting is mindless. I feel that many other parts of this great game deserve more equal prominence. I don't say nerf boss looting but I do say: let's bring some of that love to the rest of the game.

Back