Suggestion Add teleporting permissions similar to ship boarding permissions.

Yeah I think it would be a great idea to make it so teleporting requires the person you are going to to accept it.
teleport.png

Or even better, similar to what OP said, the option to control who is even able to teleport to them and maybe even who is allowed to see where they are at any given moment.
teleport2.png

I like this idea. :)

Not that it happens often but, one plus to having this is to offset trolls/trouble-makers from further pestering someone when they have said pirate on "ignore" (unless teleporting via ignore is already an option not allowed [I am trying to remember]).

Many guilds demand that players ask for permission before teleporting to each other. To simplify this issue, players should be given the option to control who are allowed to teleport to them at a given moment.
It isn't an issue. Wasting time on a solution to a problem that is minuscule in regards to the real issues of this game. I've had maybe 5 random tp's to my pirate in three years and every one of them ran off. Tp'g to me doesn't lag.

Interesting that guilds demand such a thing considering a guild should be known amongst themselves and are friends as such so one would think it's a natural thing to have open invitations to join each other at any time. Kind of goes against my concept of a guild if I'm ordered to ask permission any time I want to join a guild group farming some where.

I like this idea. :)

Not that it happens often but, one plus to having this is to offset trolls/trouble-makers from further pestering someone when they have said pirate on "ignore" (unless teleporting via ignore is already an option not allowed [I am trying to remember]).
If you have them on ignore, it stands to reason you would not be able to see any communications from that party, which I imagine would include tp'g to your pirate. If they are allowed to tp to you when you have them on ignore, then this is something that the devs should fix.
It should be like a 1000 foot restraining order type deal. Not allowed any contact via in person, phone, email, Caribbean... etc.

Last edited:
It isn't an issue. Wasting time on a solution to a problem that is minuscule in regards to the real issues of this game. I've had maybe 5 random tp's to my pirate in three years and every one of them ran off. Tp'g to me doesn't lag.

Interesting that guilds demand such a thing considering a guild should be known amongst themselves and are friends as such so one would think it's a natural thing to have open invitations to join each other at any time. Kind of goes against my concept of a guild if I'm ordered to ask permission any time I want to join a guild group farming some where.
Just because it isn't a problem for you doesn't mean it isn't a problem other people. Also, it's polite to ask before teleporting to someone, as they might want to be alone and not have anyone around during whatever it is they are doing, whether it be looting or some other thing. This is why guilds have this rule because a lot of people enjoy privacy.

Just because it isn't a problem for you doesn't mean it isn't a problem other people. Also, it's polite to ask before teleporting to someone, as they might want to be alone and not have anyone around during whatever it is they are doing, whether it be looting or some other thing. This is why guilds have this rule because a lot of people enjoy privacy.
I see. So I join a guild so I can have privacy. Interesting concept.
I want to go to a party full of people so I can go stand in the closet.
By myself.
I should clarify and say it's doesn't seem to be a problem to the majority. But I forgot, majority doesn't rule here.

I see. So I join a guild so I can have privacy. Interesting concept.
I want to go to a party full of people so I can go stand in the closet.
By myself.
I should clarify and say it's doesn't seem to be a problem to the majority. But I forgot, majority doesn't rule here.
You're not subjecting yourself to giving up your privacy when you join a guild. You're not supposed to sacrifice the ability to play on your own and spend time by yourself in-game by joining one. Surely you understand this fact. and surely you understand that people deserve to have privacy if they want?

That's why you have the option to close your ship off to the public and your friends and even your guild.

For reference, Toontown has 3 settings, controlled via options: nobody, friends-only, or anyone. For Pirates, this idea could be expanded to allow friends, crew, and/or guild option settings.

Regarding the confirm TP requirement, that could be made a separate options item (enabled/disabled).

This combination of who can TP to you, and whether you must confirm any TPs, should handle any use case I can think of.

Generally the reason for asking to tp is number 1. politeness... do you just walk into people's homes irl, kind of the same difference 2. person may be leveling or just is doing a quest etc solo among others... usually not a big deal as a rule for people in my experience :)

Yeah I think it would be a great idea to make it so teleporting requires the person you are going to to accept it.View attachment 117072
Or even better, similar to what OP said, the option to control who is even able to teleport to them and maybe even who is allowed to see where they are at any given moment.
View attachment 117074
I like this idea, favor your second concept of pre-setting permissions, the first option would give you these annoying pop ups that would be a distraction at a time when you are presumably looking for privacy.

Back