Ahoy, I'm NellShorekidd

Status
Not open for further replies.

NellShorekidd

Sea Legs
Alrighty, just doing what the Forums suggester suggested, and introducing myself! (Hold onto your swords, lads and lassies, this is long)

I'm Nell Shorekidd, I feel honored to be playing Pirates once again! :)

Originally, I had been playing POTCO since it first came out back in 2007 (I believe?) and I loved every little bit of it. Every aspect of the game, even if it was glitch-y or you ran into some strange or rude people on the servers, it was beautifully and undeniably fun. Every log in was an adventure, and more often than not, you met the best of best people on there and created your own pirate family. :) I have many fond memories from the game that I cherish dearly.

I especially remember being so excited to go home from school just to get on the computer and go pirating, looting, adventuring...there was so much to do on POTCO, I was never bored, and there were always people willing to help you out on quests and just be there with you in the moment.

I was devastated when I learned in 2013 that POTCO was shutting down, not gonna lie, I shed a some tears...ok, a lot of tears...like, full on crying fit. I was upset for months. But I knew deep, DEEP down—to the most inner part of my soul—that I would be playing POTCO once more, even if it was in 10 years, 20 years, or I was on the verge of death. I was going to play this game once more. I just knew it.

And I have to give a big, gigantic thank you to the hard working and underappreciated crew that put this wonderful creation together for the rest of us. Thank you guys so, SO VERY MUCH for all the work, blood, sweat, tears and laughs that you put in just to give the rest of us pirates a taste of what we lost back in 2013. Truly, the developers of TLOPO have almost every single thing of POTCO down to a T, I honestly thought I had been transported back in time to when the original game was up and running the moment I first logged into TLOPO.

Words cannot express how grateful I am to the crew behind TLOPO for allowing me the opportunity to take part in yet another pirate adventure, and to create new memories. And I'm sure that goes for quite a few of us, actually. You guys have my full support and undying loyalty (I admit, that's a bit dramatic, but true) in wherever you choose to lead TLOPO.

I hope to be an active member in TLOPO in both the game and on the forums, and make some friends along the way!

And just little bit about my personal life:
I AM a current college student and working nights, so getting on might be a bit of a challenge, but I'm all for it!
I'm hoping to go for an English Major whilst studying foreign languages, so that I may teach school children and experience my own adventures exploring the world and meeting new people.
I love the diversities of culture and language, it fascinates me. (I'm taking an Anthropology class, it's awesome!)
I have a cat named after David Bowie.
I'm an expert at singing Disney songs.
I can't function without coffee. (Vanilla Creamer, plz! )
In High School I was an active member of the Drama Club and I participated in every show put on.
My favorite color is Orange.
I read non-stop. Especially Shakespeare. And Jane Eyre. And Treasure Island. And I just love the classics.

That's it for my introduction (a bit long, sorry! >.<) and thank you for reading! :)

NellShoreKidd, I was delighted reading your post. Honestly, POTCO changed my life. Sure, Unlimited Access cost a bit, but it was well worth it. The gameplay, simply amazing, and I'd choose to play this game over many of the different games out there.

If you ever want to play with me, my ingame name is Captain Kidd (or my username is techrex95).

NellShoreKidd, I was delighted reading your post. Honestly, POTCO changed my life. Sure, Unlimited Access cost a bit, but it was well worth it. The gameplay, simply amazing, and I'd choose to play this game over many of the different games out there.

If you ever want to play with me, my ingame name is Captain Kidd (or my username is techrex95).
Thank you so much! I'm so glad someone relates with me on POTCO, and you're right, Unlimited Access was pretty unfair, especially for someone who has to convince their parents to let them sign up and pay monthly, because they're young and don't have access to a credit or debit card. But it really was well worth the money. :)

I'd be delighted to play with you sometime! I'll be sure to spy for you next time I'm on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back