Glitch All Sabres Do Critical Damage Now

Arr

Wanted Pirate
I thought it was just glitched for one of my sabres but it turns out it all sabres do critical damage.

All sabres now have an innate chance to critically strike based on rarity.
  • We thought that Sabres got the short end of the stick with regards to damage. Without making them too overpowered, this critical strike makes them more relevant and on-par with Cutlasses and Broadswords in terms of unique benefits.

I really feel this is not a huge deal but I would have much rather the developers had simply buffed the damage on sabre combos. As it is I feel the value of sabres that have crits is now watered down a bit; Kingfisher, Dread Spike, Ice Shard, etc. It makes a sabre with crits stand out less in terms of uniqueness.

I really feel this is not a huge deal but I would have much rather the developers had simply buffed the damage on sabre combos. As it is I feel the value of sabres that have crits is now watered down a bit; Kingfisher, Dread Spike, Ice Shard, etc. It makes a sabre with crits stand out less in terms of uniqueness.
i agree, tho the critical strike adds on to the inherent crit nature of sabres. so Ice Shard has critical strike rank 3 and is a famed so it has 9%+14% making it have around 23% chance to crit.

it's certainly confusing and id rather the devs just buff the damage instead of adding crit. maybe save crits for an all new sword type tbh o_o

i agree, tho the critical strike adds on to the inherent crit nature of sabres. so Ice Shard has critical strike rank 3 and is a famed so it has 9%+14% making it have around 23% chance to crit.

it's certainly confusing and id rather the devs just buff the damage instead of adding crit. maybe save crits for an all new sword type tbh o_o
I did understand that the swords with crits now have an even better chance for crits than the ones that don’t when i made my post. I’d be against dropping crits from swords that had them in potco. I feel that swords, and any other weapons for that matter, that had crits in potco were super fun and unusual items and adding crits to all sabres has made them much more ordinary.

Last edited:
Back