Suggestion Allow Players to shoot human enemies

Should players be allowed to shoot (human) enemies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
The "Pirate Code" rule about shooting other pirate/navy/EITC (humans) is just ridiculous.

This should really be removed, here's why

1. You're told by Barbossa that it's against the "Pirate Code" when is this ever against the pirate code? This is just a made up excuse for not letting us shoot Naval/EITC enemies.

2. It makes leveling gun really hard. It's so annoying to have to find undead enemies when you're a lower level in order to level gun. levels 1-17 gun are a real grind.

3. It has nothing to do with the movie.

I understand that this would probably be difficult/tricky to implement. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE BASED ON THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE. Please vote based on if you think that this "ban" should be removed.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that this was an amendment that had to be made for the sake of getting the E10 rating over a T rating. Also, as of now, navy/EITC enemies only go up to level 35 so it's not even too needed.

I have yet to achieve level 35. I get to play, maybe once a week. Maybe for about 3 or 4 hours. Most of the time I just have a few minutes to get on and check messages before I have to go to work or go take care of some other RL issue.

Now, I have no problem grinding as long as that's an option. However, I do believe that making it such that you cannot use a gun against an enemy is undesirable. Swords do so much more damage than guns.

As an armed security, I am taught if I am to take on a person with a knife at the same time as a person with a gun, I am to shoot the person with the knife first, just because they can end your life quicker.

You'd never see a kid running around with a voodoo doll he found in his dad's closet.
This kid's got a quick hand.
He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan.
He's got a golden lip spike, hanging out his mouth he's a savvy kid.
Yeah found a new voodoo doll
In his dad's closet hidden, oh in a box of fun things. I don't even know what,
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you.

All the other pirates with the famed cursed blades,
You'd better run, better run, out run my doll.
You'd better run, better run, faster than my attune.

You'd better run, better run, out run my doll.
You'd better run, better run, faster than my attune.
0000.gif

The "Pirate Code" rule about shooting other pirate/navy/EITC (humans) is just ridiculous.

This should really be removed, here's why

1. You're told by Barbossa that it's against the "Pirate Code" when is this ever against the pirate code? This is just a made up excuse for not letting us shoot Naval/EITC enemies.

2. It makes leveling gun really hard. It's so annoying to have to find undead enemies when you're a lower level in order to level gun. levels 1-17 gun are a real grind.

3. It has nothing to do with the movie.

I understand that this would probably be difficult/tricky to implement. PLEASE TO NOT VOTE BASED ON THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE. Please vote based on if you think that this "ban" should be removed.
I agree that this is yet another one of those Disney "protections", trying to keep us all in a happy, fantasy place of wonder and joy...

I don't mind the "pirate code" of not shooting people with guns. Is it realistic? No.
Is it more ridiculous than voodoo in the game (if you are looking for realistic in your game)? No.
The game is great as it is. I wouldn't change either of these elements unless you are going to change them both given the population size and circumstances.
Development time is at a premium, there are more important things that need fixing.

I don't mind the "pirate code" of not shooting people with guns. Is it realistic? No.
Is it more ridiculous than voodoo in the game (if you are looking for realistic in your game)? No.
The game is great as it is. I wouldn't change either of these elements unless you are going to change them both given the population size and circumstances.
Development time is at a premium, there are more important things that need fixing.
I certainly agree with you. This was simply a future suggestion.
I was coming at this from the standpoint that it's really hard to grind just skeletons when you gun level 1 through about 20

I'd assume it's because guns are probably the easiest and deadliest of weapons in a child's hands or something. You'd never see a kid running around with a voodoo doll he found in his dad's closet.
I have seen little kids shooting people with his moms ***ual aid found in her closet.

I agree that this is yet another one of those Disney "protections", trying to keep us all in a happy, fantasy place of wonder and joy...
Since I always thought the real pirate code was along the lines of "take everything, leave no witnesses and give nothing back"?

Back