Suggestion Allow us to play the other side?

KingJohn

Dockworker
Wouldn't it be cool if we could alternate between EITC soldiers and pirates? This could, perhaps, create interesting roleplay (should roleplay ever be a thing on this game) and may enhance the gaming experience due to us being able to experience two sides and not just one.

Thoughts?

To be honest letting random users roleplay would be extremely difficult and probably not gonna happen. I don't know if you've ever heard of Garry's Mod DarkRP but only a few would roleplay as their character and the rest would fool around or just do whatever they want to do. It's something very hard to do since people have different minds.

To be honest letting random users roleplay would be extremely difficult and probably not gonna happen. I don't know if you've ever heard of Garry's Mod DarkRP but only a few would roleplay as their character and the rest would fool around or just do whatever they want to do. It's something very hard to do since people have different minds.

Well, this idea and RP are two distinctively different things that can be differentiated. Perhaps there would be requirements for one who wished to play an EITC officer?

Perhaps a formal system can come into fruition revolving around roleplaying?

This is all just suggestion at the moment.

I don't really like this, it's called Pirates of the Caribbean for a reason, (not to sound harsh) and I think that if that were to happen, it would destroy that aspect of the game. POTBS has a system like that, but it's been like that since the game first launched, and if TLOPO were to add it after the release, it would likely create too much drama and so on and so forth. Best to just leave the faction "selection" how it is. :)

I don't really like this, it's called Pirates of the Caribbean for a reason, (not to sound harsh) and I think that if that were to happen, it would destroy that aspect of the game. POTBS has a system like that, but it's been like that since the game first launched, and if TLOPO were to add it after the release, it would likely create too much drama and so on and so forth. Best to just leave the faction "selection" how it is. :)
^^^^This. From my long experience in roleplaying in a multitude of games, I can personally say that Tlopo/Potco is not a roleplaying game, Let alone letting players join the EITC force would cause some pandemonium for sure.

Pirates cant be pirates without a force opposing them. I for one really like this idea but i think major roleplay is a bad idea. This would be best implemented as having a seperate story quest that leads youdown the life of a Soldier instead of a pirate or a server where pvp is enabled and the two sides are EITC and Pirates. I dont think harcore roleplay has a place in pirates but i think having the option to play as both could be very fun and beneficial

Pirates cant be pirates without a force opposing them. I for one really like this idea but i think major roleplay is a bad idea. This would be best implemented as having a seperate story quest that leads youdown the life of a Soldier instead of a pirate or a server where pvp is enabled and the two sides are EITC and Pirates. I dont think harcore roleplay has a place in pirates but i think having the option to play as both could be very fun and beneficial
I support this ideal!

Fun bit: this was actually one of the most requested storylines for the second chapter in Disney's POTCO. Thing is, they were completely against it. But they thought about adding Navy and EITC clothing for espionage missions. Which I think would be cool

Fun bit: this was actually one of the most requested storylines for the second chapter in Disney's POTCO. Thing is, they were completely against it. But they thought about adding Navy and EITC clothing for espionage missions. Which I think would be cool
I agree, adding EITC/Navy clothes for espionage missions would be pretty cool, because I've always wished I could do that instead of just plowing through them.

There was the Black Guard outfit which was expensive. I believe there was an idea for a quest for Jack Sparrow outfit. Nothing was said ever more from POTCO beta forum, decade ago

I remember looking at the FAQs and them mentioning people wanted to see how was it like from the other side. And they thought about giving us Navy and EITC uni's there.

I think that having another storyline for EITC soldiers would change the game too much and take away the focus from the pirates. But this doesn't mean that we can't make it a smaller aspect of the game. Instead, we could make pvp arenas on the islands where one team dresses up as EITC soldiers, or maybe we could commandeer navy ships on the seas and instead of sinking them, we could temporarily take them over and pretend to be part of the navy and gain unique skills.

Back