Ammunition

Saltyroast

Sea Legs
You would think having to visit a shop owner every few minutes would be great since "it's immersion" and "they developers put them there so they HAVE to have a purpose". I'm speaking about ammunition for guns/cannons/knives etc. I understand there are special weapons to use to make certain ammo types unlimited. But really there is no excuse for all the weapons to be ammunition free. Voodoo dolls and staves don't require you to visit a shop owner to "recharge their volatility". The weapons they sell at the shops aren't even good compared to what you can earn from loot out there in the Caribbean. With the removal of cannon rams, I'm even more disappointed that I won't get to have as much fun leveling cannon. It is a pain to leave a ship in the midst of battle so you can go buy more ammo. I'm not asking for a game breaking update. I just want the experience of leveling and farming to be less of a pain without ammo. For those who think ammo is a good idea, perhaps give them an option to switch on ammo limitations? If you can't make ammo unlimited AT LEAST add more to the max knife belts/cannon barrels/ammo pouches.

If you want unlimited ammo, use round shot (or lead shot). They're not gonna give everyone unlimited ammunition for all types, that would be crazy. The special ammo types aren't meant to be used for every shot, just occasionally if you don't have a weapon with unlimited.

Besides, as far as leveling goes, you get more reputation the more times you hit a monster. So using higher level ammo and doing more damage with it will give you more dps, but less rep. Unlimited ammo won't help you level faster.

If you want unlimited ammo, use round shot (or lead shot). They're not gonna give everyone unlimited ammunition for all types, that would be crazy. The special ammo types aren't meant to be used for every shot, just occasionally if you don't have a weapon with unlimited.

Besides, as far as leveling goes, you get more reputation the more times you hit a monster. So using higher level ammo and doing more damage with it will give you more DPS, but less rep. Unlimited ammo won't help you level faster.
If you read my post I said this isn't just for leveling, but for farming. You say special ammo types aren't "meant" to be unlimited, but why? Is it because "that's just how it is"? That would be a terrible excuse. Unlimited ammo won't break the game. How would you like it if you could only use voodoo doll/staff abilities a certain number of times before you had to visit a gypsy every so often?

How would you like it if you could only use voodoo doll/staff abilities a certain number of times before you had to visit a gypsy every so often?
Sure, that would be bad, but voodoo has other drawbacks. If you run out of voodoo points, you can't use ANY attacks (other than blast, which is useless anyway). With guns and cannons you can still use the regular shot.

The way I see it, the more powerful ammunition types are there as enhancers, and the regular ammo is like a basic attack. You can use the basic form of the weapon as much as you want, but the more powerful attacks are limited in use.

But you have to ask why. Limiting ammo an certain gun ammos doesn't make them less powerful. It just makes it more of a hassle for the user. With voodoo doll, I've never run out of voodoo, ever. Teleporting back to tortuga or port royal to restock on ammo isn't effectively curbing the "special" ammo types. Likewise, it won't enhance them to make them unlimited. It's only a time-saving fix, not a buff or nerf.

Back