Discussion Ancestry Dna

Yeah I'm stuck on my dad's side of the family. The cousins I have found are my dad's side(my mom's family has been easy to find). Have only found information going back to great great grandparents from Austria. Asked my dad and all my uncles and aunts but they can't remember to much(getting old and bad health). Big help is the US census/fold3(fold3 is for military records) thru the years and knowing where the family was living so can narrow it down some. Was pretty cool tho when my great grand parents came over from Austria in 1903 I found the ship number and the spelling of the my last name how it was before they became US citizens. Cool to see they came thru Ellis Island as well. Btw fold3 is a big help as well military records,so if anyone in your family served any conflict in America history the records are pretty accurate. Spoke with my cousins and we keep talking about taking a trip to Austria to see if we can find information first hand plus see the area/culture first hand.

Excited for your results as well Yoho and keep us posted.

Probably the best place for anyone to start is the house of the eldest person in your family. I opened one photo album tucke din the very first page is a military document with a big red stamp that said "DRAFT SECRET"

Ive been inactive for awhile with school but here are my results! :)

Ireland/Scotland/Wales 63%
Europe West 14%
Europe East 8%
Great Britain 5%
Iberian Peninsula 3%
Scandinavia 3%
Europe South 2%
European Jewish 1%
Asia South 1%

and I just sent in a 23 and me kit to see if the results are the same or vary and to get a look at my potential health risks :)

Back