Another One Bites the Dust ~

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
At least it is salvageable.

Women in general have numerous professions - seriously, we constantly change hats to fit the need.
Or maybe it's just me...wish I could trade in a couple of those hats for a couple of festive corsets! hehe ~grins

Just get a few new hats and plunge into a new adventure. :) It can be very refreshing!

At least it is salvageable.

Women in general have numerous professions - seriously, we constantly change hats to fit the need.
Or maybe it's just me...wish I could trade in a couple of those hats for a couple of festive corsets! hehe ~grins

Just get a few new hats and plunge into a new adventure. :) It can be very refreshing!

Recently...I have been in reflection as to why POTCO was (and still is) so important to me.

As a kid:piratemickey:, I often would visit family living in California and the memories I still treasure to this day include those memories from the regular visits we did take to Disneyland to where my favorite past time (as a kid visiting there) was riding the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. Therefore when POTCO came along, it only reinforced that HAT I had worn as a kid; the game itself represented to me a HAT I could dust off and wear again as an adult whom truly grew to appreciate the whole POTC experience.
5d02e58f-b22e-45f2-b714-b46729fc96a1.jpg

Coming back (full circle) to today's events, I think I have remained so vocal about those guilty towards hacking/modding POTCO because - I feel - the game was not appreciated enough on a "respectable" level to where younger players understood this HAT that I had worn which, not only shaped & molded myself (btw) but countless other POTCO players (whom understood the significance of the POTC brand and possibly the struggle it faced to retain it's footing within today's competitive, gaming landscape).

*But here is a point I would like to stress the most; for POTCO to have gained my attention as a "non-gamer" says something and it says something loud enough to where it is just sad that Disney/DIMG was not able to capitalize upon in consideration to the POTC brand (past, present, and future). :piratemickey:

Recently...I have been in reflection as to why POTCO was (and still is) so important to me...
...the game was not appreciated enough on a "respectable" level to where younger players understood this HAT that I had worn which, not only shaped & molded myself (btw) but countless other POTCO players (whom understood the significance of the POTC brand and possibly the struggle it faced to retain it's footing within today's competitive, gaming landscape).

It is an interesting fact and very true one at that. Despite in some ways it is something one really should not be rpoud of, it has shaped, moved, and inspired many of the people I know today. Even some of the modders despite their disrespect towards the game realize their lives were completely shifted by this game. Others like serious Role-Players such as myself find ourselves how different and mature (or immature) we have become since joining this game and learning things of life from it even, as odd as it sounds. This game without a doubt has impacted many who played despite it not being even close to compare and up to par with other games, or those of its release for that matter. I like to stress this to many especially those that disregard even though they too were impacted by it.

This game without a doubt has impacted many who played despite it not being even close to compare and up to par with other games, or those of its release for that matter. I like to stress this to many especially those that disregard even though they too were impacted by it.

:iagree: Still, I wonder why that is? Is it because it was a "Disney" game (as opposed to a game that was more 'mainstream')?

I am making only an assumption here but I think POTCO had impacted many of us because (whether we like it or not), having that Disney title/logo behind the game itself invokes a feeling of true comfort and "story-telling" that only Disney can do and while although POTCO was pretty much abandoned as a result of a few important decision-makers within the company whom failed to understand POTCO's community and gaming culture, the fact that the beginning-to-mid stages of POTCO was maintained by caring and dedicated Disney staff (i.e., game support, developers, concept artists, etc.) allows us to understand that POTCO was highly regarded at one time as an asset and not as simply a nuisance to Disney Interactive.

Likely, I am perhaps over-thinking things here a bit but...I do feel that POTCO offered the "perfect" world as far as allowing the feel of someone to become immersed within their pirate character(s) as far as a G/PG 13+ rated MMO environment and platform was concerned.

(In contrast, in reviewing Disney Infinity's 'POTC world,' the platform and mechanics of the game itself just does not seem to invoke that same type of feel that POTCO had. Developers of Infinity actually 'encourage' the mixing of both characters and worlds and this is not what I value as a consumer, with cash-in-hand, seeking a game to be played out with others across the world whom value the pirate- :eek:-way and lifestyle).

Back