Any feedback on my plan to spend skill points?

Richard Seastorm

Honorable Pirate
Hello,

Seeing as I was never able to play POTCO for very long with Unlimited Access, I was never given much of a chance to experiment with my skill points. I am now level 32 in TLOPO and I figured I should plan out how I am going to spend them. After doing some research, I found that there are enough skill points to bring every single skill to level 1 while having enough to bring 4 skills to level 5. (I THINK this is the case, although if anyone could confirm, that'd be great)

My plan is this:
Unlock every single skill and then rank the following skills to level 5:
Cannon -
Round Shot, Explosive, Fury, Shoot, Rapid Reload
Sailing - Broadside Left, Broadside Right, Open Fire, Treasure Sense, Taskmaster
Sword (Broadsword) - Roundhouse, Spin Cut, Reverse Spin Cut, Jumping Slash, Blade Storm
Gun (Pistol) - Shoot, Take Aim, Lead Shot, Silver Shot, Steel Shot
Doll - Attune Doll, Poke, Swarm, Cure, Life Drain
Dagger - Gouge, Eviscerate, Sidewinder, Viper's Nest, Blade Instinct
Grenade - Throw, Long Volley, Explosive, Siege Charge, Determination
Staff - Wither, Flaming Skull, Desolation, Concentration, Spirit Mastery

It all depends on what you want to do honestly. If you are looking to master those skills quickly, put less points into skills that increase damage. The longer it takes to kill something, the more rep you'll get. If you are just trying to kill things fast, whether to loot, or SvS, etc. Then you wanna put points into your damage skills to kill things much faster, however you'll get less rep. Passives that give you health/voodoo, are almost always a good choice. So as I said, it honestly all just depends on what you want to do. The setup you have in the OP looks like more of a looting based skill setup. It'll be easier to kill things fast with this setup, but harder to level them, as you won't get as much rep.

Players that started before the major update were so spoiled with the money codes and bet-crazy poker tables, we were basically able to retrain any skill on a whim. Until the crashes stop eating ship loot, you're going to want a plan involving a maximum of two retrains per weapon.

Back