Anyone else tired of Pixel Graphics?

Captain Cold

Buccaneer
The pixel-graphics trend was refreshing at first but now I just see it as lazy design. Like 90% of new games coming into steam are crappy pixelly indie games, and only because it's easier than actually rendering a world.

I wouldn't call them bad cause of their graphical limitations, since usually the pixel art design is an aesthetic preference developers have rather than a lazy design. It usually properly conveys the look and feel of the era they're trying to pursue or locations they want included. I'm sure it still requires effort, but it's far more convenient to smaller studios. Many gamers are reminiscent of the older days where all games were like this (and worse) - so they like investing their time and money in games like this. Some games properly capture the soul of the older games with some modern twists and some, as you say, are crappy pixelly indie games who are made just so they're "not mainstream".

In my case, I couldn't care less. Some people like these games, some don't. I'm neutral enough to have no important opinion regarding them and know that some are genuinely good while others are bad.

You should just ignore the releases you're not into. Everything is a business, at the end of the day, so ignore the games you're not interested in. If a lot of people aren't interested, developers will realize a trend in sales and adjust their future releases accordingly. But if there is a slight public interest (which is the case), indie developers will remain active in order to cater this niche market.

I personally decide based on gameplay and content although sometimes i do consider graphics.

For gameplay Warframe is a huge contender. One i did not have the best experience with due to the unnecessary and excruciating grind (Which amounts to a good number of games).

For content i would give this one to Hearthstone. The two most recent expansions (Journey to Un'Goro and Knights of the Frozen Throne) were by far the worst expansions i've seen.

Un'Goro was due to quest cards especially the Rogue quest card (5/5 minions for the whole match anyone?). KoTFT was due to how similar hero cards were to the quest cards introduced in Un'Goro. On top of that the final boss in KoTFT's adventure mode (The Lich King) was unnecessarily overpowered no matter what deck you had.

All of the above is a pretty good example of what it takes for me to stop playing a game/games.

Back