Anyone mess around on Kali Linux?

Tom O'fury

Notorious Pirate
Anyone here mess with Kali Linux on VMs? I'm working on my "official" network intrusion/social engineering course at work. Does anyone here have any good toolkits that they play with on Kali? I've been using a few to just run on various different versions of windows and security software to see how detectable they are.

Moved thread to the "Tech Savvy" forum.

I've been wanting to mess around with Kali. I've been striving to learn more about Linux in general lately - my knowledge is limited compared to that of my coworkers.

I've been wanting to mess around with Kali. I've been striving to learn more about Linux in general lately - my knowledge is limited compared to that of my coworkers.
I've been downloading the virtualbox version for about an hour..... still an hour left. It seems pretty easy to pick up. I've got a few toolkits that I want to learn more about at home. Trying out a few downloads from these guys. https://www.trustedsec.com/

What certs do you have? I'm thinking about getting Security+ and Ethical hacker when I get closer to the end of my enlistment date.

There are infinite tutorials online and places like youtube! I personally have dabbled in Kali and its predecessor backtrack. Its a lot of fun playing around but be carefull though as you can get in a heap of trouble if your attacks "leave" your personal network heh.

Just install Kali Linux on a USB flash drive, using UUI (universal usb installer). It's a nice little portable software, even a kid can work with it. The rest is just booting up the OS from the flash drive through the BIOS or EFI.

Back