Assassin's Creed: Unity

Are you excited about the seventh major installment in the Assassin's Creed series?

• Aye ~

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Nay ~

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Possibly? ~

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Mark Scurvyfox

532583.jpg

Assassin's Creed Unity is an upcoming historical action-adventure video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It is set to be released in November and December 2014 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game is the seventh major installment in the Assassin's Creed series, and the successor to 2013's Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag with ties to 2014's Assassin's Creed Rogue. Set within Paris during the French Revolution, the single-player story follows Arno Dorian in his efforts to expose the true powers behind the Revolution.

The game retains the series' third-person open world exploration as well as introducing an improved melee combat and stealth system. Assassin's Creed Unity introduces cooperative multiplayer to the Assassin's Creed series, letting up to four players engage in narrative-driven missions and explore the open-world map.

Story:

Paris, 1789 – The French Revolution turns a once-magnificent city into a place of terror and chaos. Its cobblestone streets run red with the blood of commoners who dared to rise up against the oppressive aristocracy.

As the nation tears itself apart, a young man named Arno will embark on an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the Revolution. His pursuit will throw him into the middle of a ruthless struggle for the fate of a nation, and transform him into a true Master Assassin.

Gameplay:

Combat for the game was rebuilt, with fencing being used as an inspiration for the new system. In addition to returning weapons from previous games, Assassin's Creed Unity introduces the Phantom Blade. The Phantom Blade uses the mechanics of a crossbow to fire a silent projectile a great distance, while still serving the same role as the Hidden Blade in previous Assassin's Creed games. Navigation for the game was also overhauled. Ubisoft created new "Parkour Up" and "Parkour Down" mechanics to make it easier for the player to scale buildings in either direction. Additionally, Arno learns new parkour moves throughout the game, but the player can also purchase new skills as well. With the updated, larger crowds, new interactions with them are also available. The crowd regularly presents many activities, appearing organically, that the player can choose to engage with at their leisure. Examples include interfering in a fistfight, or chasing down a pickpocket.

For the first time, the series will allow players to customise the character, adopting a skill tree that enables players to assign points earned through gameplay to improve their skills in stealth, mêlée and ranged combat, health and traversal. Players will also be able to customise their weapons, armour and equipment to further complement their individual style of play. They will also have a wider selection of weapons available, including swords, axes, spears, polearms, pistols and incendiary devices.

Assassin's Creed Unity also introduces cooperative multiplayer to the series. Players can enter taverns, which act as social hubs in the game, where you can see if any friends are playing the game at the current time. If they are currently in a mission, they will appear as a "ghost" version of their player, allowing you to approach it to request to join their mission. If accepted, you are transitioned to their game and both of you reset to the most recent checkpoint, and continue on from there. Up to four players can join together in this fashion. The player will take on the role of Arno within their own game, with other players appearing as randomly-generated Assassins. Many missions and activities will be available for cooperative play (which the player can also complete on their own), but there are some story missions that are set aside to be single player only.

I am really looking forward to this game. I have every single console AC game up to date and I love them all (except 1... the combat *shudder*)
I just wish they would make a multiplayer AC game where you and your buddies can go at each other :).

The wii is the best selling game system of all time and im not even talking about that im talking about the next gen system of the wii which is the wii u.​

The wii is the best selling game system of all time and im not even talking about that im talking about the next gen system of the wii which is the wii u.​
EDIT: OH. The Wii. Yeah, um...disregard all but the last sentence before [/endofftopic]...
Err...I don't mean to be that guy, but...that's not exactly the most accurate of information.

PS4vsXboxOnevsWiiUndashAugust2014Update_zpsdd37d45b.png

These are August's sales and the rise in sales for the Wii U are most likely due to the new game(s) coming out, such as Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U.

These are the launch sales, although I suppose it doesn't mean much.

PS4vsWiiUvsXboxOne-Global_zpseb45e901.png

The Wii is not the best-selling console of all time. The PlayStation 2 is, factually. Google searches can prove that.

[/endofftopic]

I'm getting this game for PS4. Can't wait! :D

I'm a bit excited for the new games but at the same time allow myself some room for disappointment as the AC Expert Fans I talk with say this might ruin the franchise and at times they have been right so :p... (But that doesn't mean theyve not been wrong ;D) I'm a bit more excited for AC Rogue because its Assassin hunting Assassins with Haytham Kenway in it (maybe not every step but still). Can't wait to see.

Also to the whole Wii thingy... It will never be able to beat the Sony or Microsoft consoles in a console war. The day that comes will probably be the day Jacksonville Jaguars win the Super Bowl.

Ye
EDIT: OH. The Wii. Yeah, um...disregard all but the last sentence before [/endofftopic]...
Err...I don't mean to be that guy, but...that's not exactly the most accurate of information.

PS4vsXboxOnevsWiiUndashAugust2014Update_zpsdd37d45b.png

These are August's sales and the rise in sales for the Wii U are most likely due to the new game(s) coming out, such as Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U.

These are the launch sales, although I suppose it doesn't mean much.

PS4vsWiiUvsXboxOne-Global_zpseb45e901.png

The Wii is not the best-selling console of all time. The PlayStation 2 is, factually. Google searches can prove that.

[/endofftopic]

I'm getting this game for PS4. Can't wait! :D
Yeah i already knew that, and i wasn't referring to the wii u as bestselling i was referring to the wii, and yes the playstation 2 is the best selling system of all time yet i said the wii was ( which was number 2) Because i honestly didn't think anyone would take the time to research this clearly i was wrong. Oh and yeah the wii U is doing horrible because most people believe Nintendo to be for toddlers. Seriously? Only toddlers would believe that... I agree on the Ps4, Xbone is microsoft and microsoft = Monopoly.

Ye

Yeah i already knew that, and i wasn't referring to the wii u as bestselling i was referring to the wii, and yes the playstation 2 is the best selling system of all time yet i said the wii was ( which was number 2) Because i honestly didn't think anyone would take the time to research this clearly i was wrong. Oh and yeah the wii U is doing horrible because most people believe Nintendo to be for toddlers. Seriously? Only toddlers would believe that... I agree on the Ps4, Xbone is microsoft and microsoft = Monopoly.
Xbone and PS4 aren't both owned by Microsoft :confused:

I may have to get a PS4 or Xbox One this november... Of course I will still collect the AC series on pc... I might have to buy a game new for once. I love Assassins Creed :D

I heard this game is a buggy mess, with bad frame rates on both console and PC. That really stinks, was looking forward to it :(
It was running really bad when it first game out. With the update it has been a little better. I'm still falling into the pits of the earth through random walls though.

I absolutely hated Unity for the first hour. I've played AC since the very beginning and I've been very disappointed by the series with all of the new add-ons they have been working with. Naval combat, and the lifestlyes of these new "assassins". I thought this was going to be another disappointment. As, I got a little farther I started to enjoy it because it really went back to the old kind of AC games where it was more assassinations than "gathering" quests. Unfortuantely, I can't really look past the terrible bugs, and game changing lag. So, I still am not very fond of Unity.

I heard this game is a buggy mess, with bad frame rates on both console and PC. That really stinks, was looking forward to it :(

It was running really bad when it first game out. With the update it has been a little better. I'm still falling into the pits of the earth through random walls though.

I absolutely hated Unity for the first hour. I've played AC since the very beginning and I've been very disappointed by the series with all of the new add-ons they have been working with. Naval combat, and the lifestlyes of these new "assassins". I thought this was going to be another disappointment. As, I got a little farther I started to enjoy it because it really went back to the old kind of AC games where it was more assassinations than "gathering" quests. Unfortuantely, I can't really look past the terrible bugs, and game changing lag. So, I still am not very fond of Unity.

Not sure why, but I've been playing AC Unity on PS4 and have yet to run into a bug.
I suppose I'm just lucky lol.

Last edited:
Not sure why, but I have been playing AC: Unity on PS4 and have yet to run into a bug.
Ubisoft is having a hard time porting their games to PC platform. It has been like that since the release of Assassin's Creed III. The latest patch (1.7.0) fixed most of the problems but left the community with mixed reviews. When it comes to Black Flag and Unity (even Watch Dogs)... Well that is a different story. The first is still experiencing issues (FPS drops) while the latter one is following a similar path. Let us hope they will have those bugs shorted out before it is too late.

For those of you that have been waiting to play AC: Unity on your computer - Hold your fast!

The latest patch fixes a number of issues, but not all of them.

Back