Idea Autoclicker Prevention

All big games have some kind of system that can detect third party applications that are directly affecting the game itself, like exploits. Could the developers script something like that, to provide more filteration?
If not, I'd say maybe have a dedicated and "trained" TLOPO task force in-game which goes around and checks known/unknown (auto-clicking) hot-spots to deter such activity. It's the bare minimum short of doing nothing which could help. (The unfortunate part of it is what this OP has claimed has happened. Things could change for the better though if proper training was enforced).

I am quite sensitive about the implications of such an issue but here is a thought; auto-clicking itself is the very beginning of a stance TLOPO should take against hacking/modding/whatever you wanna call it and so, IMO, how this one issue is ultimately handled sets precedence from this point forward.

Could you come up with another idea? If perhaps no, should nothing at all be done? If that's the case, I am wondering how much differently TLOPO will be from POTCO in such regard.

If doing nothing is a choice because everyone's convenience is given greater priority, the community as a whole better learn to become more accepting/lenient towards such behavior rather than oppose it. If that's the case, threads like this and others better not receive such push-back then. :)
My two cents is thus: only bother trying to curb behavior that is directly detrimental to other players. This behavior, some dude wanting to optimize the boring part of the game in favor of being a huge credit to his team sooner, should be tolerated. It is important to remember that this is not primary a PvP game; rather potco is a game where teamwork is championed. There is no net harm being done to others as a result of autoclicking. Furthermore, this is a loving recreation; we should not bow to and worship the ban hammer here. Allow flexibility in all cases that do not affect others in any substantial way.

For me, the line at which you cross into bannable territory is when you pull XYZ coords from your GPU and throw together a kinetic lead equation to basically aimbot everyone who's not maneuvering in SvS. However, anything short of this should be accepted, as there is no net affect on the community.

Last edited:
My two cents is thus: only bother trying to curb behavior that is directly detrimental to other players. This behavior, some dude wanting to optimize the boring part of the game in favor of being a huge credit to his team sooner, should be tolerated. It is important to remember that this is not primary a PvP game; rather potco is a game where teamwork is championed. There is no net harm being done to others as a result of autoclicking. Furthermore, this is a loving recreation; we should not bow to and worship the ban hammer here. Allow flexibility in all cases that do not affect others in any substantial way.
I respect your above opinion. However, I disagree...

I disagree because with everything in LIFE (where we're told not to do and then ignore that advice), it usually begins small. It begins small and it builds into other things. Before you know it, you have opened yourself up to a whole can of worms where it's no longer black and white as to what is acceptable and what is not.

A compromising mindset erodes - over time - to where once you have your hand in a cookie jar you're going to want to later reach your hand in for more... all because people are never completely satisfied.

I respect your above opinion. However, I disagree...

I disagree because with everything in LIFE (where we're told not to do and then ignore that advice), it usually begins small. It begins small and it builds into other things. Before you know it, you have opened yourself up to a whole can of worms where it's no longer black and white as to what is acceptable and what is not.

A compromising mindset erodes, over time, to where once you have your hand in a cookie jar, you're going to later want to reach your hand in for more all because people are hard to completely satisfy.
Mmm yes, lovingly referred to as the "Slippery Slope" in ethical downfalls. It is a looming problem that will have to be tackled eventually. But the logistics of making the stand here do not really give the community a net gain of playtime quality. There are simply too many ways to vary an autoclicker to foil a catch-all script. Look for a common interval-vary the interval. Look for sustained keypress actions over long periods of time-throw in some movements. Look for uniform movements-add in some random shifts. It's just too hard, and requires too much time on a dev's part.
There's no problem caused YET. I agree, eventually the problem will have to be addressed, perhaps not now though. The situation described above perhaps should be the line; that is where you begin to directly harm the playing experience. Not to mention it is extremely easy to detect.

Never underestimate how human a bot can be.

Last edited:
Could you come up with another idea? If perhaps no, should nothing at all be done? If that's the case, I am wondering how much differently TLOPO will be from POTCO in such regard.

If doing nothing is a choice because everyone's convenience is given greater priority, the community as a whole better learn to become more accepting/lenient towards such behavior rather than oppose it. If that's the case, threads like this and others better not receive such push-back then. :)
Theres a difference between implementing unobtrusive exploit patches and implementing clunky "hope its catches them" inconvient systems. TLOPO is already 120% better than POTCO was. They have fixed the ¡njector exploit, as well as many other exploits. These were done without effecting the non-cheater whatsoever. Given the nature of an autoclicker, (simulating keystrokes that a human would normally do themselves) it is impossible to reliably and unobtrusively detect automatically. I'm fine with them discouraging the use of them and banning people as they have humans detect them (although somewhat a waste of time IMO but thats for another thread). Automatic detection processes for autoclickers though? No.

I don't think this could work, most auto clickers are actually right there next to their computer. The only full proof way to catch an auto licker is to watch them in game. Only players can really do anything.

OK, this is a game, designed to entertain.
You're not getting paid for playing, nor do you pay to play.
If you are cheating at it, why play?
If you cannot focus on playing the game for whatever reason, don't play.
If you're not having fun playing the game, don't play.
If you don't like abiding by the rules of the game, DON'T PLAY!
Simple really.
Because the part where you train up your weapons is boring but the part where you get to go to the high tier loot areas and get legendaries and brights is the fun part

If not, I'd say maybe have a dedicated and "trained" TLOPO task force in-game which goes around and checks known/unknown (auto-clicking) hot-spots to deter such activity. It's the bare minimum short of doing nothing which could help. (The unfortunate part of it is what this OP has claimed has happened. Things could change for the better though if proper training was enforced).

I am quite sensitive about the implications of such an issue but here is a thought; auto-clicking itself is the very beginning of a stance TLOPO should take against hacking/modding/whatever you wanna call it and so, IMO, how this one issue is ultimately handled sets precedence from this point forward.
I'd apply for the AACTF (anti-autoclicker task force) :)

Because the part where you train up your weapons is boring but the part where you get to go to the high tier loot areas and get legendaries and brights is the fun part
Well in other games do they throw you right to the fun part? NO they make you learn how to play and work to the fun part

Well in other games do they throw you right to the fun part? NO they make you learn how to play and work to the fun part
By the time you are level 5 on a weapon you should have a full understanding of how to use weapons and combo and stuff like that, then you have about 15-20 weapon levels and 35 notoriety levels until you get to the part where you get higher chances of good loot. When a very large portion of the game is just grinding up to the fun part, that's when there is a problem with the game

By the time you are level 5 on a weapon you should have a full understanding of how to use weapons and combo and stuff like that, then you have about 15-20 weapon levels and 35 notoriety levels until you get to the part where you get higher chances of good loot. When a very large portion of the game is just grinding up to the fun part, that's when there is a problem with the game
Last time I checked you don't learn all your skills by level five

Last time I checked you don't learn all your skills by level five
That's not what I'm talking about, you know how to use the weapons even though you don't unlock all the skills, by level ~5 you should know how to combo and when you unlock a new skill it's simply a matter of adding one or two clicks to the unending grinding and doesn't really represent a challenge to learn how to use it well and eventually master using the skill.

In order for this to not be intrusive, it would need to keep track of your activity. With the exception of rep and the items being put into the inventory, potions seems like something that is done on the client side.

Execution is everything. If you send this out to everyone every 5 minutes, it becomes a nuisance. If you send this out to everyone who, outside of clicking, has been idle for the past 5 minutes, then I would be more in support of this, but also, how exactly is this cheating? Lazy, yes, but cheating? What advantage does it give? You still have to put in the time, and if the AI wasn't as buggy (aggression radius) as it is, there'd be less reason to employ auto-clickers.

Curious , Seems I just saw a player using an Auto Clicker on Outcast but sine they're In Olympians It's ok to do so ! lol Must be their 3 Alts afk In crew there ! lol

Curious , Seems I just saw a player using an Auto Clicker on Outcast but sine they're In Olympians It's ok to do so ! lol Must be their 3 Alts afk In crew there ! lol
If I may request, please use the report feature in-game to submit a report on individuals you see that might be autoclicking. Calling individuals out on the forums (even by avoiding stating their name) is not acceptable and will not help us police this behavior in a productive manner.

Add enemy movement when not attacked. Small 16x16 random area path boundary could work for this.

Reduce fly trap rep to abysmal numbers. Problem solved

I use a minor exploit to increase the rate of fire for cannonball bursts. I alternate between pressing ctrl and left mouse button in order to get another shot off in a single second and then hit the other key to get the third shot off. This dishes out a lot of DPS and also makes reloading the entire cannon much faster.

If I'm witnessed doing this, does this make me a possible suspect for autoclicking?

I use a minor exploit to increase the rate of fire for cannonball bursts. I alternate between pressing ctrl and left mouse button in order to get another shot off in a single second and then hit the other key to get the third shot off. This dishes out a lot of DPS and also makes reloading the entire cannon much faster.

If I'm witnessed doing this, does this make me a possible suspect for autoclicking?
Auto - Clicker is a Third Party program !
I'd quit before ever using an Exploit or 3 rd Party Program ! What's the Point , To cheat you self of playing ? !! lol

Back