Back-story related to "youth" of Bilbo Baggins

The "youth" of Bilbo Baggins; would you enjoy reading about his adventures the most where he is a:

• Kid/very young Halfing?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Teenager/college-age student?

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

~ As a huge fan of the LOTR and Hobbit films (along with creatures near and far walking with 'hairy' feet), I am in need of acquiring some advice from the poll presented above in consideration to a back-story I would like to focus upon.

This winter, with no POTCO at my disposal, I've decided to delve back into a (creative writing) effort during the spare time that I do have. As such, one of the stories that I would like to focus upon pertains to the back-story of the "youth" of Bilbo Baggins.

95c1fdec51b19a09190b3989bded4eae.jpg

The problem that I am having is that I am unsure if I should focus specifically on Bilbo's life as a very young Halfling or focus instead on his life as a teenage hobbit (close in approximate age as Frodo Baggins had appeared within the first, second, and third LOTR films).

If everyone could help by participating within the above ^ poll, I would greatly appreciate it as I would then write the plot of the story according to the majority of the opinions gained above the results of the poll presented above, in writing this particular story.

Thank you for your help. :D

I feel that teenage/college-aged would be more interesting to the community here, as a great deal of us are nearer to that age group/think and act like that age group. ;)

I feel that teenage/college-aged would be more interesting to the community here, as a great deal of us are nearer to that age group/think and act like that age group. ;)
I appreciate your input @Bart Gunshot along with @Dreamcatcher. ;)

I also agree with the both of you and perhaps at some point soon, I can begin to write as I was hoping to at least share the first chapter by the time December 17th rolled around. However, I am already finding out is that if I don't do it correctly...the perfectionist within me won't be too satisfied (meaning I'll just toss 'n turn as I sleep @ night if I don't particularly begin with the right kind of motivation).

Well hobbit teens/Tweens last until age 32 years if I remember correctly. You''l have your work cut out for you. Good luck mate, I'd be interested.
I've been spending some time reading via the Wiki and you are right; 32 years of age (Hobbit years, that is) is the cut-off point before Hobbits "come of age" - which is 33 years, btw.

In some way, this is kind of odd since the research I have been reading claims that Hobbits' life-expectancy averages around 100 years of age; really not much different than humans. :confused:

Apparently Bilbo and "Old Took" were the longest living hobbits of folklore.

Back