Tip Best in game settings for TLOPO beta 1.3.5

Hey Lads, just thought I would make a post about the settings me and many others use for reduced crashes, better fps, and a decent looking game.

- Vsync is a good option to keep on, especially if you have a monitor that's above 60hz

- Keeping Fancy Loading Screen turned on is useful when trying to load into places such as the Catacombs or El Sudoron. Keeping this option turned on may decrease frames but will allow you to enter different areas of the same map without crashing nearly as much.

- Everything else should be turned off to reduce memory usage and increase frames per second.

- For me, keeping my game in windowed is a must. If you keep the game on fullscreen and encounter a crash you will sometimes have to force restart your computer after being stuck on a black screen. Keeping the game on windowed is an easy fix to this issue and will simply give you a message or just automatically close the game if it encounters another crash.

- Keeping the game on low settings decreases the amount of memory being used by the game. This can not only increase your frames per second but can also reduce constant crashing. I personally like to keep Character Detail Level and Reflections on medium/high just to give my game a better look with good fps.

- Keeping Sound Effects turned off can decrease crash rates and increase frames per second. It is necessary to keep the box unchecked, many people tend to just bring the volume down to zero and expect changes in fps.

- Just like Sound Effects keeping Music unchecked can highly increase your frames per second and also decrease crashes. These settings might be a little hard to get use to, but you can always jam out to your own songs. :)

- The First Mate Voice is good to keep off when all other audio settings are off, it may cause some in game instability.

- I Personally would't mess with Hardware Gamma as it could mess up your usual monitors brightness settings. As Far as I know, hardware gamma shouldn't increase or decrease your frames per second or crashing.

- High Dynamic Range should be unchecked for reduced memory usage and crashing. After turning the option on with shader 6 i couldn't spot any visual changes to the game and decided to keep the option off and unchecked as it was increasing my crash rates and slightly reducing my frames per second.

Interface

View attachment 77961
- Everything in the Interface Game Options is harmless and can be turned on and off depending on the players personal preference. My Interface settings are set to default.
Thank you, Captain Choco! This was of great assistance as I went from 21 crashes in two hours to zero! Nicely done!

Just wanted to add a quick point. Although playing in windowed mode potentially increases stability, it tends to cut a couple frames out, in this game, and any other game. This is because your PC must render everything in your game window, and behind the window, i.e. your desktop, thus using more processing power, and RAM. Just wanted to point that out to anyone that glances at this thread! :)

Just wanted to add a quick point. Although playing in windowed mode potentially increases stability, it tends to cut a couple frames out, in this game, and any other game. This is because your PC must render everything in your game window, and behind the window, i.e. your desktop, thus using more processing power, and RAM. Just wanted to point that out to anyone that glances at this thread! :)
Its generally better to use fullscreen in most games. But this thread was made for an older build of TLOPO back in January. Playing in fullscreen back in the older builds of the game would cause your system to encounter a black screen after a crash. The only way to fix this issue was to force restart your computer, which is why playing in windowed was highly recommended back then. : )

- Choco

Back