Guide Best Settings for less crashing (v1.3.7)

Divine

Pirate Lord
I am making this guide seeing as people are still crashing very often. I experience no crashing in-game other than the memory leak that occurs ~4 hours into playtime.

My current settings:
screenshot_2017-02-09_19-18-39.jpg

screenshot_2017-02-09_19-18-47.jpg

screenshot_2017-02-09_19-18-50.jpg

(My game_options.txt has been attached below if you want to replace yours/look through it)

You can also check out my 2 other guides if it's still not enough:
Windows Performance Boost
4:3 Stretched Resolution Guide

Thanks to @Captain Choco for his 1.3.5 guide, you can check his settings out here:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/best-in-game-settings-for-tlopo-beta-1-3-5.16741

Attachments

• game_options.txt
    942 bytes · Views: 137
I've got high end settings honestly, my computer is great. However, I still crashed.
What fixed it for me was taking out the fancy loading screen, I rarely-never crash, not even when porting with loot on board.

I've got high end settings honestly, my computer is great. However, I still crashed.
What fixed it for me was taking out the fancy loading screen, I rarely-never crash, not even when porting with loot on board.
I can run game fine at max settings too, combat is really crushing atm though.

I am running a pretty epic machine as well, 24 GB ram/GTX970/i7 990x extreme/2 SSD's etc. and last night after the update I HOPE the cause of the lag/crashes was the fact only 2 servers were available because of the server issues. I know there is always issues in gaming especially testing phases but tonight I will be seeing if some different combos can help. I love testing and finding bugs/crash reports etc. but it's getting a little annoying with the ship loot loss or random crash so I hope that goes away soon

I am running a pretty epic machine as well, 24 GB ram/GTX970/i7 990x extreme/2 SSD's etc. and last night after the update I HOPE the cause of the lag/crashes was the fact only 2 servers were available because of the server issues. I know there is always issues in gaming especially testing phases but tonight I will be seeing if some different combos can help. I love testing and finding bugs/crash reports etc. but it's getting a little annoying with the ship loot loss or random crash so I hope that goes away soon
That's what i don't get. I went on like 5 straight sailing runs with full loot without crashing :D

Hopefully when I get home today and get on the issue will be less and/or resolved. I could spend the whole day/night doing nothing but sea adventures sailing and cannoning, but it gets depressing after multiple "tlopo.exe" has stopped working and 15-20 mins of loot is lost and have to relog

Playing in windowed mode seems to help a little bit as well, at least for me.

Fortunately, the past few updates have actually started to make the memory issues better instead of worse. The game now loads in some of the time, instead of not at all.

I am making this guide seeing as people are still crashing very often. I experience no crashing in-game other than the memory leak that occurs ~4 hours into playtime.

My current settings:
View attachment 78857
View attachment 78858
View attachment 78859
(My game_options.txt has been attached below if you want to replace yours/look through it)

You can also check out my 2 other guides if it's still not enough:
Windows Performance Boost
4:3 Stretched Resolution Guide

Thanks to @Captain Choco for his 1.3.5 guide, you can check his settings out here:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/best-in-game-settings-for-tlopo-beta-1-3-5.16741
Thats great to know ...thank you very much. :)

Playing in windowed mode seems to help a little bit as well, at least for me.

Fortunately, the past few updates have actually started to make the memory issues better instead of worse. The game now loads in some of the time, instead of not at all.
Oops i cant find it again ,where they said the settings are and whats better to do for game ..can you please tell me where thier at ?? Thank you much :)

Back