Best sword?

Joey

Swashbuckler
I’ve been wondering what the best Sword is (for each class and overall) in the game. This seems like a good place to ask, especially with the two new legendary swords that’ve recently been released.

For broadswords: World Eater Blade
(Leviathan right by it)
World_Eater_-_clearer.png

For cutlasses: Thunderspine Sword
(It looks as if Blade of the Abyss and Cursed Blade of Yore are right by this, but some reason ppl with this sword give it very high praise)
Thundespine_-_clearer.png

For sabres: Sapphire Curse
(No close second)
The_Sapphire_Curse.png

Ahoy, Joey!

So, as for an Overall Best, I would have to assign this to World Eater Blade. Broadswords in the current style of TLOPO's gameplay are very strong, and the playstyle of the "WEB" is very forgiving comparatively.

However, in reply to @Nate Dreadshot's post above, I would like to argue the point of World Eater being the best broadsword, replaced by The Lost Blade of Leviathan. While not as forgiving due to the lack of Drain Health or Drain Voodoo, the Leviathan's Curse perk is by far the hardest hitting ability in the entire game, bordering insanity with over 10,000 Damage hits.

Currently, Thunderspine Sword is an iconic masterpiece of a blade, dealing some of the largest numbers found on a Cutlass with the combined Critical Strike 3 as well as the Thrust Boost +3. Currently, it stands aboard it's podium alone, as there are no real potential blades in the game that rival it's stats. (Save from the pre-nerfed Jack Sparrow's Blade, found below:
d52400b9f929b61d0f1f8d07f4f9fc46.png
)

Finally, Sabres are the blunt end of the stick in regards to swords, but if you tend to find fun in a fencer's playstyle with rapid (but rather lightly hitting) attacks, then you might find fun here. Sapphire Curse is the king of the Sabres right now, though, with no real margin compared to the others. It's general abilities are weak, and some Famed Sabres such as the Dread Spike you might prefer over any of the currently available Legendary counterparts.

I hope our posts were able to give you some sort of regard into what you might look for while you're in the Caribbean!

Ahoy, Joey!

So, as for an Overall Best, I would have to assign this to World Eater Blade. Broadswords in the current style of TLOPO's gameplay are very strong, and the playstyle of the "WEB" is very forgiving comparatively.

However, in reply to @Nate Dreadshot's post above, I would like to argue the point of World Eater being the best broadsword, replaced by The Lost Blade of Leviathan. While not as forgiving due to the lack of Drain Health or Drain Voodoo, the Leviathan's Curse perk is by far the hardest hitting ability in the entire game, bordering insanity with over 10,000 Damage hits.

Currently, Thunderspine Sword is an iconic masterpiece of a blade, dealing some of the largest numbers found on a Cutlass with the combined Critical Strike 3 as well as the Thrust Boost +3. Currently, it stands aboard it's podium alone, as there are no real potential blades in the game that rival it's stats. (Save from the pre-nerfed Jack Sparrow's Blade, found below:
d52400b9f929b61d0f1f8d07f4f9fc46.png
)

Finally, Sabres are the blunt end of the stick in regards to swords, but if you tend to find fun in a fencer's playstyle with rapid (but rather lightly hitting) attacks, then you might find fun here. Sapphire Curse is the king of the Sabres right now, though, with no real margin compared to the others. It's general abilities are weak, and some Famed Sabres such as the Dread Spike you might prefer over any of the currently available Legendary counterparts.

I hope our posts were able to give you some sort of regard into what you might look for while you're in the Caribbean!
Thanks, that indeed help! Anyway, I'm gonna make you do more work now. What's the best pistol in the game? Like, in all of the classes overall.

Guns are definitely more of an easy topic to work with:

For Single-Shot Pistols, the "Best" Pistol of this category would be given to Mercer's Pistol, found within the Fortress of Kingshead from the Boss Remington the Vicious. However, the direct counterpart to this pistol, Beckett's Pistol, is also a fantastic gun looted from Neban the Silent in Beckett's Quarry, and is more-so just up to preference as to their perks.

Repeater Pistols are a bit more difficult, but seeing as there are no current Legendary options for this category (Discluding the POTCO Redeemable Legendary), it narrows it down to either the Sacred Repeater Pistol, or the Skullbone Repeater.

As for Muskets/Bayonets (I narrow them down, seeing as neither are particularly used often and don't have much a difference.), The king of this category is given to the more recently obtainable Divine Musket. (See below.)

Finally, with Blunderbusses, the King of this Category is given to the long infamous Grand Blunderbuss. The weapon is monstrous, however there are a few options in 2nd and 3rd place that are just as well off. For 2nd Place, the newly released Magma Blunderbuss as part of the Weapons Update to the Hollowed Woods event has stolen the 2nd place spot. In 3rd Place (Because these are all viable options, and as many options given can help.) is my personal opinion, the War Scattergun. The Critical Strike ability on this weapon makes it a force to be reckoned with, even to it's Second and First place contenders.

I hope this helped out!

Guns are definitely more of an easy topic to work with:

For Single-Shot Pistols, the "Best" Pistol of this category would be given to Mercer's Pistol, found within the Fortress of Kingshead from the Boss Remington the Vicious. However, the direct counterpart to this pistol, Beckett's Pistol, is also a fantastic gun looted from Neban the Silent in Beckett's Quarry, and is more-so just up to preference as to their perks.

Repeater Pistols are a bit more difficult, but seeing as there are no current Legendary options for this category (Discluding the POTCO Redeemable Legendary), it narrows it down to either the Sacred Repeater Pistol, or the Skullbone Repeater.

As for Muskets/Bayonets (I narrow them down, seeing as neither are particularly used often and don't have much a difference.), The king of this category is given to the more recently obtainable Divine Musket. (See below.)

Finally, with Blunderbusses, the King of this Category is given to the long infamous Grand Blunderbuss. The weapon is monstrous, however there are a few options in 2nd and 3rd place that are just as well off. For 2nd Place, the newly released Magma Blunderbuss as part of the Weapons Update to the Hollowed Woods event has stolen the 2nd place spot. In 3rd Place (Because these are all viable options, and as many options given can help.) is my personal opinion, the War Scattergun. The Critical Strike ability on this weapon makes it a force to be reckoned with, even to it's Second and First place contenders.

I hope this helped out!
I thought the best repeater was the Divine Repeater Pistol. It’s base damage is 54.

seven seas repeater kills stuff a lot faster than both of those because of the shoot boost

That's true, and that's a fair point. I neglected putting it on the list due to the fact that most people simply don't boost Lead Shot damage all too often, and it just doesn't really see use at the points in which this weapon becomes viable.

Each gun has a different playstyle. If you don't mind an egregious reload, then Grand Blunderbuss would be the way to go. However, if you're not a terrible fan of the reload, it would be Mercer's Pistol.

Back