Best Upgrade for War Sloop?

I don't really know a LOT about ship upgrades, but I upgraded my war sloop to Storm Chaser, and I love it! I use it the most for travel or finding specific ships for quests because it is SO speedy. I like the extra speed on sloops specifically because they are already very maneuverable. I don't think Storm Chaser would be the best possible upgrade if you were planning to use your sloop for mat runs or long sea voyages because it only has 14 cargo space, but the 45% lightning broadsides from lvl 6 do a decent amount of damage, so it wouldn't be terrible, either. If you want to do a test run sometime to try out your options, pm me and you can give mine a spin!

I don't really know a LOT about ship upgrades, but I upgraded my war sloop to Storm Chaser, and I love it! I use it the most for travel or finding specific ships for quests because it is SO speedy. I like the extra speed on sloops specifically because they are already very maneuverable. I don't think Storm Chaser would be the best possible upgrade if you were planning to use your sloop for mat runs or long sea voyages because it only has 14 cargo space, but the 45% lightning broadsides from lvl 6 do a decent amount of damage, so it wouldn't be terrible, either. If you want to do a test run sometime to try out your options, pm me and you can give mine a spin!
Cool! I'll PM you if I want to try it out. I plan to use my War Sloop for doing a little bit of everything. Plundering, Privateering, and Mat runs which is what brought me to storm chaser. In my opinion, the 14 cargo is plenty of space for me and I love the speed the War Sloop offers. The Thunderbolt is what caught my attention because of its range. Thanks for the info!

Cool! I'll PM you if I want to try it out. I plan to use my War Sloop for doing a little bit of everything. Plundering, Privateering, and Mat runs which is what brought me to storm chaser. In my opinion, the 14 cargo is plenty of space for me and I love the speed the War Sloop offers. The Thunderbolt is what caught my attention because of its range. Thanks for the info!
Ah, I see. From what I understand, though, all broadsides fire with the same range. With Copperhead, for example, I think the explosives fly the same way the regular broadsides do. I may be wrong, though :p

Ah, I see. From what I understand, though, all broadsides fire with the same range. With Copperhead, for example, I think the explosives fly the same way the regular broadsides do. I may be wrong, though :p
I might be thinking of the cannon shot itself. It shoots at a higher range and I think that maybe the same for the broadsides. Idk, I could be wrong.

I had storm chaser for my war sloop on POTCO and absolutely loved it. Currently working toward getting it again. The speed is just awesome. Since sloops are already the faster ships it only makes sense to emphasize its strength.

If you are not planning on using the war sloop extensively for combat, I'm afraid you're just wasting gold and materials. I still frequent places like Tormenta for loot and decided I wanted a ship more or less just for transit, so I put streamlined 3 on a regular sloop, and decided to move towards storm chaser to see what it felt like to have broadsides that were more than just regular round shots.

14 knots just between the speed boosts from the streamlined upgraded and wind catcher rank 5 is nothing to scoff at. 28 knots is my full speed if I combine full sail and ramming speed, and I love the high speed, but I wouldn't use it for combat. Once I get the final upgrades on my two other ships (fortune hunter on a war galleon and skull and bones on a war brig) I may go for copperhead on a war frigate, but that's a fair bit into the future.

Back