BETA is Open! Share your Adventures!

There are indeed the unavoidable bugs and crashing, but all in all I've had a great time so far in Beta! Very nostalgic to shoot the monkey of Barbossa :bang: and fight on the land. Tomorrow I've got a new playtime reserved, can't wait for it to set sail again :pirate:!
It has been so much fun! I missed cannoneering. Feels so good to be back after so many years.

First three hours (my first playtime) was one of the best experiences of the last few years. I dumped way too many hours into the original game, and this made my day. All the way from hearing Jack Sparrow talk for the first time, to killing my first cadet, it was amazing. Sailing, being my favorite thing to do, was the best part. When my playtime ended, I was only level 7, and that was due to me sailing around, remembering all of the good times I had with my best buds, along the high sea. The glitches didn't slow me down at all, and this experience was incredible. This is one of the only situations where I am ok waking up so early, and it was all worth it. I spent so much time walking around the islands, just reliving the memories. I hope all of you have a lot of fun with this beta, and a much needed thanks to all of those who have helped build this game to what it is today. Also, this community has been so positive, and it's impeccable. Thank you, and have a fantastic time in the Caribbean.

Your fellow not very talkative pirate,
Jeremy K.

Everything seemed to work good except enemy ships at sea. Land combat and looting has been enjoyable except the enemy Ai are a little stupid and tend to be fixed in Position. When they do move to come at you they stop and then wait a while to come after you again. So using guns is a bit like cheating. I would like to do a lot of sea combat but its just not the same with broadsides not working when you are sailing slower than 4 knots and enemy ships just not fighting back.
Good to know. My ambition is to get sailing leveling out of the way while the servers are bad and enemy ships can't sink me. Sort of a way of "going after the lame" so to speak.

Back