Beta Keys

pak1829

Sea Legs
Hate to say it, but beta keys are basically Unlimited Access, while the rest of us are screwed with "basic access" and have to apply for time slots during terrible hours. First thing that should be done is once someone has a beta key on their account, make it impossible to find another one. That way the people who are unlucky and have to get time slots have a better chance of enjoying the Caribbean once again. Second thing the developers should consider is having updates during hours most people are not playing. I always seem to get screwed during my playtime that I waited patiently for. I can not play at any other time as I work and have a life outside of this game. I think the developers should post what time they plan on doing updates, not have people picking times and having to hope their times will not be cut by a good hour.

I know this will be looked at as a complaint, and the developers will probably not care, but I thought I should voice my opinion to get a point across to some of you lucky people who are able to enjoy the Caribbean whenever you want.

Thanks to whoever took the time to read this <3

I know this will be looked at as a complaint

yes it is.

Terrible hours? you can reserve 24/7, pick a non terrible time.

Developers should update when most people are not playing...People play 24 hours a day, and the devs do sleep, there is never a time where it won't inconvenience someone.

Developers should post what time they plan to do updates.... They don't "plan" to do updates. When they fix something, they update the game so that the game is more optimal for everyone, as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that is IS Beta, there will be updates, downtime, bugs, crashes, etc until the devs have it fixed.

yes it is.

Terrible hours? you can reserve 24/7, pick a non terrible time.

Developers should update when most people are not playing...People play 24 hours a day, and the devs do sleep, there is never a time where it won't inconvenience someone.

Developers should post what time they plan to do updates.... They don't "plan" to do updates. When they fix something, they update the game so that the game is more optimal for everyone, as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that is IS Beta, there will be updates, downtime, bugs, crashes, etc until the devs have it fixed.

Keep kissing up, you already have your beta key I'm assuming. I'm sorry that everything seems to be so perfect for you.

Keep kissing up, you already have your beta key I'm assuming. I'm sorry that everything seems to be so perfect for you.

Kissing up to what? As you said, I have a key. Sorry that you are quite salty, and seem to forget that this IS still Beta. Sorry that you have quite the sense of entitlement and that you are "owed". Perhaps you would have preferred closed Beta, most people do not. Good luck to you.

Beta Keys are given away through contests
Beta Keys are given away through the IRC during trivia
Beta Keys can literally be found in game now

Practically everyone who has a key had to work for it, whether it being sitting in the IRC for hours, working to win a contest, or being lucky enough to get one in game. I don't know why you seem to think you're some kind of special exception to this...

I have been a long time lurker here and I have finally decided to make an account because not many people have replied to this message yet.

Hate to say it, but beta keys are basically Unlimited Access, while the rest of us are screwed with "basic access" and have to apply for time slots during terrible hours.

How exactly is having to pay money for a service and having to choose a time slot similar in severity? I mean, they both restrict your gameplay, but everyone who has not yet earned a beta key has equal opportunity in this environment. The system is quite fair, honestly.

First thing that should be done is once someone has a beta key on their account, make it impossible to find another one. That way the people who are unlucky and have to get time slots have a better chance of enjoying the Caribbean once again.

If people are spending their time hunting for beta keys, I would assume that they're doing it for a reason; they are not inherently valuable to someone who already owns one. They may want to give it to a friend or family member. If that happens, a new person is brought to the game. If someone is hoarding them for a long time, however, I would find it acceptable to recycle these unused keys back into the system. With that said, I do not think implementing some system like this would be that high on the developer's list of things to improve upon.

Second thing the developers should consider is having updates during hours most people are not playing. I always seem to get screwed during my playtime that I waited patiently for. I can not play at any other time as I work and have a life outside of this game. I think the developers should post what time they plan on doing updates, not have people picking times and having to hope their times will not be cut by a good hour.

It wouldn't be fair to have updates only be at specific times because the people who can only play at the "inactive" hours would get hosed every single time. They may be similar to you in that they may not be able to play at times which are outside of the ones they sign up for. Also, I have had my times completely rendered useless due to updates and server issues, and I generally do not play at the same time every day. So, I wouldn't be surprised if updates have happened at most, if not all hours.

Back