''Black Flag Online''

Looks cool and a lot more transparent than any of the various POTCO spin-offs so far. Public single-player demonstration and solid updates.

Looks to be using Unity (like POTHS), which is honestly a breath of fresh air compared to Panda3D. Much less dated codebase/architecture.

Yes, and IMO let's leave POTHS out of this since they never did anything besides a sword, a half finished house, half finished, dock, half finished barrel and a half finished island. They don't have any updates or anything to compare them with the other games. I do agree with you though, that ''game'' or whatever it is, looks pretty nice, so far.... Guess I could try find some more info on their devs...

Black Flag Online is a upcoming game made by a mixed team of some former POTCO players to make a brand new Pirate-themed MMO. The game will be set in during the Golden Age of Piracy and is being made using the Unity3D game engine. Black Flag Online(also known as BFO) is not affiliated or endorsed by Pirates of the High Seas(POTHS) nor Pirates Online Rewritten(another remake), as it is a completely separate project by separate teams.

Links:
Official FaceBook page - https://www.facebook.com/blackflagonline
My video updates - http://smarturl.it/BFO

Last edited:
Black Flag Online is a upcoming game made by a mixed team of some former POTCO players to make a brand new Pirate-themed MMO. The game will be set in during the Golden Age of Piracy and is being made using the Unity3D game engine. Black Flag Online(also known as BFO) is not affiliated or endorsed by Pirates of the High Seas(POTHS) nor Pirates Online Rewritten(another remake), as it is a completely separate project by separate teams.

Links:
My YouTube channel - http://youtube.com/JohnnyDaPirate
I thought you were working on another remake?

Another Pirate Game in the makes Really?.. there is too many of them.. :/ IMO some of that looks almost exactly like pirates online..

Links:
My YouTube channel - http://youtube.com/JohnnyDaPirate
Who are the developers (aka 'ex-POTCO' players)? :confused:

Hello, I am Jack. Lead Developer of BFO, And I figured I answer some questions brought up here.

If they are doing this for real though... a better name would be nice since many will confuse it with Assassin's Creed
The name may have to change in the future, as this is starting to come up much more frequently. When we picked the name we didn't think it would cause such confusion. I still like the name however.

Another Pirate Game in the makes Really?.. there is too many of them.. :/ IMO some of that looks almost exactly like pirates online..

This has been brought up multiple times as well, and a developer from POTHS asked us why we continue to develop BFO if there are so many pirate-themed games out there.

As we told POTHS, we do it simply because we feel there is enough room for everyone to do something they enjoy, and because we enjoy making BFO.

And we only became aware of POTHS after development began, and didn't want to be like "well, someone else is making a similar game, lets give up."

Also, in the screenshots posted on our FB we were using mostly textures we pulled from the POTCO launcher since we didn't have any textures of our own. We are currently working to update the textures to our own.

Who are the developers (aka 'ex-POTCO' players)? :confused:

The BFO team consists of both people who played POTCO and didn't.

If anyone wants to know anything else, feel free to ask.

It beats POTHS imo though. They have developed more than POTHS has altogether in less time, therefore I don't see why anyone should have a problem with this but not POTHS. Furthermore, it will likely be more successful than another remake based off seeing where they are going.

@Jack Wildwrecker Seeing what has been accomplished thus far, I must say I am impressed for the game compared to the progress of the massive and overly exaggerated POTHS. I would be glad to be able to contribute to the effort in any way I can, though I will say it wouldn't be through coding. If there is anything I would be glad to attempt to help.

Hello, I am Jack. Lead Developer of BFO, And I figured I answer some questions brought up here.

The name may have to change in the future, as this is starting to come up much more frequently. When we picked the name we didn't think it would cause such confusion. I still like the name however.

This has been brought up multiple times as well, and a developer from POTHS asked us why we continue to develop BFO if there are so many pirate-themed games out there.

As we told POTHS, we do it simply because we feel there is enough room for everyone to do something they enjoy, and because we enjoy making BFO.

And we only became aware of POTHS after development began, and didn't want to be like "well, someone else is making a similar game, lets give up."

Also, in the screenshots posted on our FB we were using mostly textures we pulled from the POTCO launcher since we didn't have any textures of our own. We are currently working to update the textures to our own.

I apologize if my post seemed rude or mean, Didn't mean for it to seem that way. lol There is certainly room for another pirate game out there. Your Game BFO, POTHS, & another remake show some great progress in their own way. Each and Everyone of the Developer's that work on these games have their own style of working, Some work silently, Some work slow, Some have millions of updates. I appreciate all the work each and everyone of you have done for I know it's hard to make a game. I love how some actually care enough to try and bring back our beloved pirate home. It's amazing how you guys are actually working to make something of yourselves! Shows how unique some of the pirates online community was. Just a little tip for The Developers of BFO, POTHS, & another remake - Never give up! Never let anything get to you and make you stop! :thanks:For all the work you all have done! I am here to cheer you all on no matter what! :cheer:

@Reyes De Luz
Glad you enjoy our work. If you wish to help with BFO that's wonderful! There's plenty of things we need help with that doesn't involved ever seeing any code.

If you wish to help, message me here or the BFO Facebook page about it, and mention any skills you have or anything you could help with.

@Remy
We've heard the same opinion you have of there being too many pirate-themed games a few times now.
It's not rude, it's your opinion, and your entitled to that opinion. We just hope we can stand out as different among the other games, and create something people will enjoy.

Glad you enjoy the work and thanks for the encouragement. ;)

Hi, are you looking for an environmental artist that knows and uses Unity?

Back