Hackers?

• Yay!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nay!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

In the computer/technology world, there remain three (3) levels of hierarchy which distinguish one "hacker" class from another:
  1. White Hat - 01000010 01100101
  2. Grey Hat - 01110111 01100001
  3. Black Hat - 01110010 01100101
My own thoughts on the subject??? :confused:

*It sure would be nice if everyone left well enough alone for once (for the benefit of those whom 'do not' possess such skill/knowledge [whom arrrr left vulnerable the most to such disadvantage]).

Chiquita-DM2-minion-carl-fruit-hat.jpg

(The only 'hat' ^ worth wearing IMO)!

Again, I seriously think it depends on the motives of the hacker. Malicious hacks that destroy, steal, etc. that is NOT ok. Hacks that are to find vulnerabilities of programs and databases, and then to report or fix them... that is entirely ok. IMO.

...Hacks that are to find vulnerabilities of programs and databases, and then to report or fix them... that is entirely ok. IMO.
Aye. Which I understand/remain in agreement with. :D In a way, such individuals have taken on the role themselves much like the fictional (movie) character, "Indiana Jones," did pertaining to the field of archaeology.

f7f7a2c46cbd9e1532555e72597f1bcf.jpg

You must understand, however, that my own perception (concerning this issue) has been molded and shaped by none other than POTCO. In this respect, I think it's quite obvious to understand which "hat" individuals did choose to take when it came down to my own online experience pertaining to the game.

On a much deeper level, not one person in this world is disciplined enough (regardless of will power) to avoid the urge to dabble into something which they wouldn't be doing in the first place. Even for those whom consider themselves "white hatters," the knowledge they must acquire takes them down a path initially to where their conscious would not go otherwise. *This is how I view such an issue and as such, it's simply my personal opinion. :)

Back