Suggestion Black Pearl Boss Battle Reward

Stephen Teague

Pirate Lord
Generally the Black Pearl Battle rewarded you with the skill, "Leadership" as well as a... essentially useless potion (Chicken Spawn etc). I was thinking that since it is the Black Pearl that belongs to Jack Sparrow... as well as the quest being a royal pain of endless grocery lists how about one of the rewards being a SINGLE bottle of Jack's Brew?
Basically once the battle is completed you get one Jack's Brew and the skill "Leadership". Some may argue that Jack's Brew is too OP... well perhaps a nerfed Jack's Brew could be made? One with a 100% boost instead of 500%?

http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Jack's_Brew

Let me know what you think below

Agree? Disagree? State your reasons as well :)

Think about the type of people doing the Black Pearl quest. Most likely it'll be maxed out pirates and so doing this quest with such reward really has no output. The Jack's Brew should be available to pirates who has reached the half-way milestone and instead a more beneficial reward should be there at the end of the Black Pearl like an inherited aura that increases the chance for better Materials and Loot by a significant factor.

Well the problem is some people don't have anymore room for more potions which they could just make more room but then you have those who waited until they were a higher level to grind through the quest so the jack's brew potion isn't really useful but I think after finishing the black pearl battle they should give us a loot skull chest but not just any loot skull chest one that has a slight higher chance of good loot, this could get people to do the black pearl battle more than once since there really isn't a good reward after completing it the first time.

I personally totally support this idea. It would be helpful for me as I would have finished this quest around level 30 if it was implemented. I'm now still only level 36 with no maxed weapons so I think it could be useful and would spruce up the BP Battle Rewards. Good suggestion!

Think about the type of people doing the Black Pearl quest. Most likely it'll be maxed out pirates and so doing this quest with such reward really has no output. The Jack's Brew should be available to pirates who has reached the half-way milestone and instead a more beneficial reward should be there at the end of the Black Pearl like an inherited aura that increases the chance for better Materials and Loot by a significant factor.
I was thinking that this would give you an incentive to do the quest but I do agree that many people generally wait until they're a high level to do the quest, maybe this could change it?? Not sure though :)

A nerfed version would be good, however, if it does get nerfed - I'd prefer it last at most 2 hours.
I completely agree, a one or two hour time limit would work well, I think. :)

I agree with DarkOath, there should be loot at the end. Even if it is just a normal skull with normal chances that would be fine with me. As a level 50, a rep increase potion does literally nothing for me.

Back