Blast From the Past!

Hey all,

Yesterday I had the sudden urge to go and dig out one of my old machines. My main goal was to recover old POTCO screenshots as I did not have them on any of my current machines.

After fumbling around in the attic for a time, I finally managed to locate my old tower. It was caked in dust and needed a cleaning. In all of its lifespan, it had never been opened up and dusted out - so I took to that task immediately. All throughout the process, I was giddy and wanted to boot the machine ASAP to look through the hard drive in pursuit of my goal.

Machine dusting pictures

If anyone is interested, here are the machine's specs:

Model: Sony VAIO VGC-RB62G
CPU: Intel Pentium D 920 @ 2.8GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2 x 2MB L2 cache
GPU: ATI Radeon X300 (128MB)
LAN card: 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet i-LINK
Sound card: Logitech X-530
Storage: 320GB (2 x 160GB drives) 7200rpm
Memory: 1GB DDR2 (2 x 512MB), 533MHz

Anyway, here's the part you most likely clicked on this thread for: the screenshots I uncovered! Most of them are rather random, but they're from 2009.

OutCast Dog Glitch.PNG screenshot_2009-4-30_19-31-53.jpg screenshot_2009-4-30_19-32-10.jpg screenshot_2009-4-30_19-32-18.jpg screenshot_2009-6-10_7-50-16.jpg screenshot_2009-6-10_7-50-37.jpg screenshot_2009-6-17_8-46-22.jpg screenshot_2009-6-24_15-27-26.jpg screenshot_2009-7-21_10-45-39.jpg screenshot_2009-7-26_20-22-3.jpg

I was hoping for more, but I remembered that I had that machine wiped long ago to clean up some viruses. I wish I would have saved everything else. Nonetheless, I'm glad I dug these up - it was so nostalgic.

These photographs brings back so many memories. I was one of the luckiest players to play the game from the very start; however I was a newbie back then, I did not even know how to take a screenshot. :cry:

Your work is very valuable indeed - there are only few pictures from the 'old' POTCO roaming around the Forums. (Internet in general)

Would you mind posting the photos to this thread as well? That is an old thread started by @Basil Darkratte himself regarding the older version(s) of our beloved game; and it serves as a memorial. So having all of the images in one place would be very relaxing for people who wish to view them. In addition, pinning the thread will also be very useful, so our members do not have to 'dig' the whole Subforums in order to find it.

Thanks for everything. :cheers:

These photographs brings back so many memories. I was one of the luckiest players to play the game from the very start; however I was a newbie back then, I did not even know how to take a screenshot. :cry:

Your work is very valuable indeed - there are only few pictures from the 'old' POTCO roaming around the Forums. (Internet in general)

Would you mind posting the photos to this thread as well? That is an old thread started by @Basil Darkratte himself regarding the older version(s) of our beloved game; and it serves as a memorial. So having all of the images in one place would be very relaxing for people who wish to view them. In addition, pinning the thread will also be very useful, so our members do not have to 'dig' the whole Subforums in order to find it.

Thanks for everything. :cheers:
The screenshots above are now posted here - I had completely forgotten about that thread.

It's painful to see those pictures, I miss the game so much. I can't wait until the game reopens :woot:

I meant to say it's painful but absolutely fantastic to see those pics! Just makes me sad to see the game during it's glory days.

What I found really interesting is that your pirate is level 40 but it says pirate master. This must have been right after they changed the max level from 40 to 50?

Back