Brainstorming for fixes to lost playtime as a result of updates

Stormtimbers

Pirate Lord
This has not personally affected me very much, but I have seen a lot of people having this problem, so I thought I would make a thread for people to leave suggestions as to how the problem of updates during people's playtimes, resulting in lost playtime, can be fixed.

Leave your suggestions below!

Simply put, we can't.

TLOPO runs their playtimes around the clock, meaning in sacrifice, there is no designated time for updates and to push them out they have to cut into people's time. Letting people who lost time, push into other peoples slots, would stack very quickly and overflow the servers and besides the server going down, it's almost impossible to track whether someone genuinely crashed or logged out on their own and if you trusted everyone based on their own accord, the system would quickly fall apart.

Simply put, we can't.

TLOPO runs their playtimes around the clock, meaning in sacrifice, there is no designated time for updates. Letting people who lost time, push into other peoples slots, would stack very quickly and overflow the servers. Besides the server going down, it's almost impossible to track whether someone genuinely crashed or logged out on their own and if you trusted everyone based on their own accord, the system would quickly fall apart.
We could have a designated time for updates, and just leave a warning for people that if they reserve a certain few slots, their playtime may be cut off by an hour or so.

We could have a designated time for updates, and just leave a warning for people that if they reserve a certain few slots, their playtime may be cut off by an hour or so.
Some updates are inarguably more important than others. If TLOPO comes out with a fix for a major bug, they'd want to push it out as fast as possible. Playing in beta is playing at your own risk.

Back