Bugs, Glitches, and problems to be fixed (TEST ONLY)

LEO

Site Founder
Usually, players work individually when reporting problems on test. I think it would be better if testers actually shared their experienced problems in test so everyone can contribute to make our beloved game better. This could ensure that nothing is being left behind and make testing go forward, faster.

-Simply report any bugs, glitch or issue that you are experiencing on test
-Please do not be bias about it by keeping 'secret' something just because you like it and you want to use it in your advantage.
-You may also report a solution or Post when the problem is fixed.
-Bugs/glitches may include those in Live however Only the ones that maintain unfixed on test and need to be adressed by the developers.
-Testers make sure that you are reporting these problems as a community - http://download.test.piratesonline.com/bugSubmit/report.html

I will start by posting what Disney already posted

• Occasional crashes may occur when teleporting or walking through doors or tunnels. Please report any bugs you may encounter using the in-game feedback form and be very specific where you were and what you were doing at the time.
  • Pirates may teleport under land or be able to access out of game world environments near the shoreline. When reporting these bugs, please be very specific where you were and what you were doing at the time of the crash.
  • Occasionally ships will slide across the water. We will be fixing this as soon as possible.
  • Please refrain from repairing ships while at sea. We are also addressing this issue as soon as possible.
Again...Please post any bug, glitch or issue of any type you experience while playing on TEST.

A few Problems i have encountered while on test include:

1. When a hunter is coming to attack the pirate ship, they repeatedly move back and forth, very fast.
2. Disconnecting from the servers, Server crashes.(though not as often last time i was on)
3. White hat and shoes in the new clothes. Like if the hat and shoes were just blank.
4. If you go for a swim in the water, you will end up no where.
5. No loot from sailing.

Everyone, Good job on sharing the bugs so we can all send bugs reports together. Below is a list of Bugs/Glitches On Test that NEED to be fixed. Please everyone, make sure you send a bug report as often as you have to and be specific with it.(List in no sepcific order and these are bugs seen as of now and are most likely not all)

Bugs from the game however still unfixed(live and test)...NEED to work on these to advance forward!

1. Leadership Bug... makes other sailing skills fizzle if skills are used directly after recharged with the help of leadership
2. Boarding permission fail...If a captain closes ships but still has some people on ship, anyone can TP to those people except directly to the captain.
3. Swift Foot... Allows you to drink as many swift potions as you want and makes you run supper fast and jump high.(causes some lag to the server)
4. Fast switch glitch - switching weapons fast when using a long skill without canceling it by using an emote then switch weapon
5. For more of these bugs check - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehmr1mdBOkk

NEW BUGS from the latest content update...MUST be fixed for this update to be a positive game changer

1. Can't SVS. as soon as someone sinks (crashes the server)
2. Can't board flag ships (crashes server)
3. No loot when sailing
4. Doesn't Show the "return" home island
5. When a hunter is coming to attack the pirate ship, they repeatedly move back and forth, very fast.
6. TPing off of a SVS ships crashes you
7. If you loot With someone You get No loot. (other person does tho)
8. Walking in caves sometimes makes you crash
9. If you go for a swim in the water, you will end up walking under water...in certain places only(kinghshead, svs isles, cutthroat...)
10. Captain Jack Sparrow is bright red in the tutorial and parts of the quests he is part of
11. While logging on, it doesn't say the server that I am on.
12. Random boot when you port your ship
13. Ned has lost his box on Ravens cove(poor Ned).
14. When you tp to a island it puts you in strange locations. (like pdf cannon defense)
15. November clothing - only the jacket shows up how it should. boots and hat are completely white(blank). The pants are also not right.
16. Possible chance of Disconnection from server if the pirate dies

If you are in a glitch and you can take a screen shot, use the shift / F1 key combination and do take a Screen Shot. This brings a display of exactly where you are in the 'code'. You can send this to the Developers by uploading a file in "Report a Bug".
Every tester should be sending Bug Reports directly from the game('Esc' or F7 key) or via email(if you have a screenshot that shows the issue, send it as well): http://download.test.piratesonline.com/bugSubmit/report.html

If tping away from Wild Island, And I go to a home island to get ship, my ship ends up back at the wild island.
The TP 'Smoke' no longer shows

R. Smith Pewterer is missing from the shop, however his dot is outside the room. My guess is he is there where his dot is:
screenshot_2011-10-18_22-54-34.jpg

R. Smith Pewterer is missing from the shop, however his dot is outside the room. My guess is he is there where his dot is:
View attachment 16306

Greer is missing.
Morris is missing.
Undead poker gives a black screen of death. Don't try the circle!
Potions glitch. make them and lose tp'ing ability.

These have to be tested everyday to see if fixed. If you find a bug don't just forget about it. Keep testing it.

I have boarded many flags with no server crashes, but I lose all tp'ing ability. Also it show you as still on a battleship so noone can tp to you or your ship.

To many to post.

Lots more, but I send lots of bug reports.

Reactions: LEO
When you test make so you also make a new pirate to see if the cutscenes are working.

When Making a new Pirate, Jack Is red.
screenshot_2011-10-23_16-10-12.jpg
screenshot_2011-10-23_16-12-28.jpg

screenshot_2011-10-23_16-36-39.jpg

Unable to move on with the Black Pearl Boss Battle. Goliath comes out of no where, but can't see it.
screenshot_2011-10-22_13-11-29.jpg

Unable to see Jolly in an invasion.

Can see Leon WarHawk when getting Pistol
screenshot_2011-10-23_16-31-40.jpg

I have 5 points on full sail and take cover...when you upgrade rigging, each rank is a point whether in take cover, full sail or open fire depending on which one you upgrade. The point does add to your skills in sailing HOWEVER the problem is that it does not add the seconds to the skill. After trying it on test and live(to make sure its not a mistake) 5 points in take cover or full sail is about 22 seconds(though it shows 20). On test, i upgraded rigging twice for speed but when i tested it, it was still about 22 seconds(still shows 20 on skills).

In conclusion, rigging seems to not make a difference at all...it doesn't boost the time of skills. Same problem goes with sea charts where only navigation works(this has been since charts were introduced to the game).

Hope this gets fixed so our gold and ship materials don't just go to waste.

That NEEDS to be fixed, Leo, if it doesnt, then the update isnt worth much, just throwing some paint on sails isnt want we've all been waiting for.

When in a crew, someone still had the fathers day quest. when the person sunk the ship to end the quest, everyone in the crew got a notice saying that they have 2x rep, when only that one player had it.

Something else that needs to be fixed...In privateering, instead of respawning at the home island, you respawn at the location where you sink.

Well, I cant get into test.... I logged in... it updated the updates from the 21st... then nothing... straight to bug report.

Well, I sent a bug report. I think its the AVP on this computer. I was able to log in and play on a laptop that has a different AVP.

got it fixed.
noticed today though that i'm landing in strange places when teleporting to an island. landed on padres next to the cannon defense at fort dundee.... strangest though was when i teleported to ravens and landed next to patron's ship!
screenshot_2011-10-25_12-10-12.jpg

These are the major bugs so far that i could describe in specific Detail. Please keep sharing and be as specific as possible. This is our moment to help the game and we must do all that is in out power so we all can enjoy POTCO on live! Do not forget to send bug reports as often as you can and be specifically descriptive. Use what others post as well in your own bug report. I strongly encourage everyone uses specific detail posted by others in their bug reports. It will make this easier and more effective

Bugs from the game however still unfixed(live and test)...NEED to work on these to advance forward!

1. Leadership Bug... If a player uses Leadership to make their skills recharge faster then the sailing skills: full sail, ramming speed, take cover etc., will FAIL if used directly after they recharge. This means Leadership does not work correctly and will also make other skills not work(fizzle) if used directly with the aid of leadership.

2. Boarding permission fail...If a captain closes ships but still has some people on ship, anyone can TP to those people except directly to the captain. So the problem is that boarding permission only works for the captain so pirates cannot go to the owner...but they can "go to" anyone else in the ship.

3. Swift Foot... Allows you to drink as many swift potions as you want and makes you run supper fast and jump high.(causes some lag as well for the player and others around)

4. Sailing charts boosts problem: In all sailing charts, ONLY navigation works. "Full sail" to "open fire" boosts to "windcatcher" boosts do not work. They do not add the extra seconds. I have 5 points on full sail and it is normally 22 or 23 seconds. I have rumrunner's sea chart with full sailing boosts of +3. However neither the time in the skill description or when using the skill does not go beyond 22 or 23 seconds. Same thing with other skill boosts. "Windcatcher" boosts does not add the extra knots in sailing to increase speed. "Come about" boosts does not add the extra seconds to the skill and so on

NEW BUGS from the latest content update...MUST be fixed for this update to be a positive game changer

1. Rigging - I have tested this over and over. The problem: I have speed rigging 2 which adds 2 skill points to "full sail" however the problem is that no extra time is added to the actual skill when using it nor in the description. Same effect on "take cover"/"open fire" when upgrading defense/offense rigging. Rigging has NO effect in making a ship faster or stronger. NEEDS to be fixed because it's waste of materials and makes the whole customization of rigging not worth it.

2. Privateering/SvS - PROBLEM: When ships are sunk, they respawn or come back to the same location they sunk. This only happens on test and the correct way is that ships should respwan with a time limited shield next to the home island.

3. Switching sailors of a ship Glitches the whole crew to end up in random "nowhere" areas. Like ending up in random space. Ex: You are sailing but you decide to let someone else sail after a while. When You and the other player switch sailing wheel, everyone but the new sailor ends up in random space. Only way to get back is to "go to" the new sailor or go outside of ship and then back in. This happens every time sailors change.

4. Founders do not see themselves as founders. Founder icon is gone from the badge choice and founder names are same as all other names(blue).

5. If you go for a swim in the water, you will end up walking under water instead to nowhere... this doesn't always happen. From my experience, it seems to happen after porting a ship. Sometimes you get stuck there until you "go to" some other place.(see screenshot below)

6. Some caves look empty like like in the back of Padres.(see screenshot below). In Ravens cove, there is a cave that leads to a loading screen that does not end...obviously shouldn't be there(see screenshot below)

7. When you "go to" an island it puts you in strange locations. (like PDF cannon defense...). This happens at random times.

1.Rigging
screenshot_2011-11-03_23-05-44.jpg

5. Underwater
screenshot_2011-11-03_19-24-34.jpg

6. Cave not vissible
screenshot_2011-11-02_22-21-52.jpg

-Extra Ravens cave that leads to endless loading screen
screenshot_2011-10-29_23-06-03.jpg

If you are in a glitch and you can take a screen shot, use the shift / F1 key combination and do take a Screen Shot. This brings a display of exactly where you are in the 'code'. You can send this to the Developers by uploading a file in "Report a Bug".

Every tester should be sending Bug Reports directly from the game('Esc' or F7 key) or via email(if you have a screenshot that shows the issue, send it as well):
http://download.test.piratesonline.com/bugSubmit/report.html

My Test Launcher freezes when I enter my password... It was working just fine before. I smell another problem?

Edit: Nvm, restarted my computer and it worked.

SvS bugs: These are in addition to the normal sailing bugs because all sailing bugs apply to svs.

1. Sunken ships spawn irregularly. Most of the time ships spawn in and around the same area it sinks. This is a problem only in test. The correct way is that ships should spawn next to the home island.

2. The protective bubble does not always appear at respawn because ships do not respwan next to their home island. This leads to ships being volnerable at all times by pirates and NPC's. This is also a problem only on test server added recently with the new content.

3. When a ship sinks in SvS, the crew ends up in open space or "no man's land" or Davy's locker" or whatever you may want to call it(it's just nowhere). Only way back is by using "go to" to go to the person sailing. Similar to what happens when a ship changes sailors.

4. When you respawn, the compass is messed up. There was no rhyme or reason to the positioning of the ships on the compass at times. This is a current problem on live as well however in a different way that compass just becomes blank. Both are a problem as it does not properly work.

5. Broadsides do not always 'lock' onto enemy ships. You could be close to the ship and still miss when the broadside just shoots as if nothing was there.

Back