Buried Treasure

Should they add secret buried treasure?

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Now this would be interesting, but I could see a few problems. Not for us, but for the developers.

The two major ones are as follows:

They’d probably have to separate quest dig spots from treasure dig spots so we couldn’t farm them.

They’d have to randomize the dig spots and have designated places to put them. After all, they couldn’t be put anywhere. What’s to stop someone from burying a huge stash of loot out of bounds?

I'm no developer but I would assume it could be programmed in a similar way to a quest. So when someone receives Treasure Map #1 a quest will pop up in their journal.
This quest should have tracker disabled and when the treasure is found and the treasure collected (quest completed) it disappears.

That way existing dig spots could be used.

Great idea! I was thinking something like this but only for an event that could happen on or around Easter,
Where you could go around digging for buried treasure. (Sort of like an Easter egg hunt).

I was thinking it'd be nice to dig up free TP Totems of sorts which ye could use to go to non TP places ,IE: Back side of PDF , Tomenta , Outcast etc .

Last edited:
Great idea! I was thinking something like this but only for an event that could happen on or around Easter
(Sort of like an Easter egg hunt).
I edited your reply to only talking about the Easter Egg Hunt because around Easter there might be hidden eggs
(another idea though)

In potco if a dig spot was not needed for a quest you would dig anyway, no "there's nothing interesting here" message, and would get a small amount of gold. I would like to see that reinstated along with an occasional loot drop type reward. Your idea of an Easter Egg Hunt with a map and clues to find etc is cool too but I feel the pre-existing dig spots are too few and easy to locate for them to be really good for this purpose; maybe if it's a quest and you can't get the end reward until the quest is complete it could work but I really like the idea of locating an unmarked dig spot , no disturbed earth and has no green ring until you actually start digging. This would require all new mechanics, maybe like the divining rod from the RC Quest??? Maybe I'm over thinking it??? lol good fun!

This could be fun too.
Maybe get the maps in loot or at sea and find where the treasure is from some cryptic clues or something?
Maybe you could dig up a mats stash or something.
I think it would be cool if you just dig some random spot and something might pop up. When I run around I always see spots that look like a good place to bury something.
Of course I've been metal detecting for decades so I've trained myself for this stuff.

A big part of the fantasy of pirates has always revolved around buried treasure. I want to refer to Sea of Thieves here. Sea of Thieves has a system where you have treasure hunts that you can get by talking to NPCs. You go to specific islands then find dig spots using clues given. Finding that treasure improves your reputation with the quest giver and lets you have access to the more lucrative quests once your reputation hits a certain level. I think something similar could be done on TLoPO.

Back