Can someone change my pirate name?

skolotun

Honorable Pirate
When I first started playing, I simply chose a mix and match default name for my pirate that I didn't really love but was suitable for just starting out. Now, I'm level 24 and the name's worn thin, and I have much better ideas for pirate names. Is it possible for a GM or admin or someone to change the name of my pirate?

In some, yes.
TLOPO has decided against it because name changes (pirate or guild) would become a nuisance. We have a small moderation team. Name approvals themselves takes a lot out of us.
I can certainly see why this would be hard. Also think about this: You make a pirate and have a lot of friends, then you change your name. Now all your pirate friends will wonder who you are.

In some, yes.
TLOPO has decided against it because name changes (pirate or guild) would become a nuisance. We have a small moderation team. Name approvals themselves take a lot out of us.
In the specific case of players who started out with a randomised name, though, they haven't given the moderators anything to do yet. It would be the same amount of work as if they'd picked a unique name during character creation. It seems likely the engine itself supports it, given that players have placeholder names while awaiting approval.

Look at it this way, Skolotun is effectively suggesting the random pre-generated names be treated as similar to 'Freebooter' or 'Pirate', a state of not having chosen a name yet. I can see the sense in that.

Last edited:
In the specific case of players who started out with a randomised name, though, they haven't given the moderators anything to do yet. It would be the same amount of work as if they'd picked a unique name during character creation. It seems likely the engine itself supports it, given that players have placeholder names while awaiting approval.

Look at it this way, Skoloton is effectively suggesting the random pre-generated names be treated as similar to 'Freebooter' or 'Pirate', a state of not having chosen a name yet. I can see the sense in that.
Essentially yes, this is what I was referring to

How come forum names can be changed but pirate names can't be changed? Is it much more difficult to do so in game or what because it doesn't make sense that you can get your forum name changed, but not your pirate name

Back