Can't Get Past Login

piami4

Dockworker
Hello, I am new to the game here. I have downloaded and tried to login but I keep getting a message saying "Writing File 0 of 2 Phase_2.mf" and then any progress in the download is stopped. I have tried redownloading the app.

any help would be appreciated. thx

i have now tried to delete the app, reinstall, delete again, restarted computer, reinstalled, and also went to disk utility to do first aid.

I'm having the same problem. I tried downloading the phase files like the other thread mentioned, but the launcher continues doing the same thing as before. I tried uninstalling the launcher and reinstalling it and trying everything again, but it still doesn't work. I'm running it as admin and I don't have any antivirus programs. I tried contacting support, but it's been over a month with no response. : ( I'm running this on a Mac, so I don't know if that makes any difference? It's MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.

thanks guys decided to try again today and so far it hasn't froze. I am not sure how to disable my antivirus on a mac/become an administrator.

I'm having the same problem. I tried downloading the phase files like the other thread mentioned, but the launcher continues doing the same thing as before. I tried uninstalling the launcher and reinstalling it and trying everything again, but it still doesn't work. I'm running it as admin and I don't have any antivirus programs. I tried contacting support, but it's been over a month with no response. : ( I'm running this on a Mac, so I don't know if that makes any difference? It's MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.
Try again in a few days or later. it may work for you then. it did for me!!!!!

Try again in a few days or later. it may work for you then. it did for me!!!!!
Thanks piami4! I'll keep trying. I downloaded and installed the phase files about 2.5 weeks ago and they haven't worked yet, but I'll keep at it. If someone knows of any other solutions, please don't hesitate to share them!

Are you using a vpn or any other form of a "bridged connection" connection when logging in and downloading? I've noticed that if the connection drops or there is any packet loss when downloading the files, the launcher will move to the "writing file..." phase (MacOS)

TLOPO has a "CDN" server where they store the manifest and game dependencies (ie. phase file resources), since you're on MacOS, you can test your connection to their "CDN" server by opening "Terminal" and typing this:
Bash:
ping download.tlopo.com

Let it run for a few minutes, and press "Cntrl+C" to stop it, there will be some statistics, look for the % packet loss. If you notice its anything but 0.0%, the issue may be your connection.

TLOPO has a "CDN" server where they store the manifest and game dependencies (ie. phase file resources), since you're on MacOS, you can test your connection to their "CDN" server by opening "Terminal" and typing this:
Bash:
ping download.tlopo.com

Let it run for a few minutes, and press "Cntrl+C" to stop it, there will be some statistics, look for the % packet loss. If you notice its anything but 0.0%, the issue may be your connection.
This is really helpful! I just tried it and got 0.5%, and my connection is unusually good right now for where I'm at. (I'm home from school for quarantine and my internet is unbelievably slow.) I'll try again later in an area with much better internet and check back in! Thanks again :)

Back