Idea Captain’s Cabin, Below-Deck, Realism, and More!

DonGuiseppe

Dockworker
Hi, I’m new to the forum, and I joined after seeing I could suggest new ideas. I’ve been a big lover of this game for years, and so I was happier than ever when it came back.

Some ideas would be...

1.) Designing ship interiors such as captain’s cabin and below-deck storage/broadsides, like we often see in films. For example, all ships in TLOPO have some number of windows, many ships even having doors to the interior. It would simply be amazing if somehow we could immerse ourselves with the “sailing experience” more by having access to inside/below-deck.

2.) I’m a big fan of realism. I like when it’s easy to suspend disbelief... sometimes that’s hard in TLOPO when it comes to islands. The main ports are... desolate. I wonder how difficult it would be to add a plethora of NPCs that go about their own business, giving the islands a feel of community, or at least a feel of not being alone in your world. (My ideas with this one stem mostly from my experience with POTBS. I don’t know how the forum feels in regards to that game, but we could certainly draw upon some aspects of it to add to this one. If you’ve ever played POTBS, you’ll understand the stark contrast in atmosphere and realism.)

3.) Following with my “realism” tangent, it would nice to see a map that reflected the true state of things in the time period. Tortuga, Port Royal, and Cuba are all real and fairly close together in the Antilles and Bahamas, so it wouldn’t be much of a change, but it would give it more of a realistic feel rather than a conglomeration randomly placed blobs of land. Seems like Disney really missed an easy opportunity for realistic gaming, and I never got that.

I know it’s a lot, but I get excited thinking about the endless possibilities. In reality, I have little idea of how much work these suggestions would require or how much money, so I’m just throwing them out there and hoping people are a bit more receptive than Disney was.

I agree with and second all three of these points. The first one has been requested already. The second one would go hand in hand with another idea - random quests. The third one would be great as it could then teach some geography and could be extended to show the whole chain of islands that travel along the east side of the Caribbean down to Trinidad and then you could add central and south America.

Seeing as SOTL teleport all over the map, it's impossible to get over 40 FPS and the game crashes every 30 minutes, I think stuff like this is a little ways off. Do the TLOPO devs have a patreon? Lord knows they need it with all these expectations lol.

I do like the first idea you gave but i feel like the game would crash or lag a lot more if there were NPC's walking around the main ports...

Excellent ideas!
Cabins below deck is excellent!
NPCs wandering around is an awesome idea! Very cool!
Expanding the map is an awesome idea!
I vote yay!

Seeing as SOTL teleport all over the map, it's impossible to get over 40 FPS and the game crashes every 30 minutes, I think stuff like this is a little ways off. Do the TLOPO devs have a patreon? Lord knows they need it with all these expectations lol.

They have two development teams. One of them adds content. The other fixes bugs. This said, I concur that I would like to see these things in game. I do not, however, have high expectation to see them added any time soon, if at all.

Back