Cars by Me I new video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very funny! :D

I like it that you put the camera in 'odd' places, such as low on the seat level or above the girl's head, and close-up on the start engine button. You must have paid attention and learned from big screen movies, and that's very good! I'd add one thing though: right before the girl with M4 jumped out of the truck, and similar to that, right before the other girl came out of the car, pull the camera from short range shot to long shot range to show the environment of the car/truck. That way the viewer would realize that all along, those girls never drove on the real road; and that the car/truck were parked on the driveway all along. I saw shots like those on the big screen movie/funny videos.

But overall, great job, Francis!

Very funny! :D

I like it that you put the camera in 'odd' places, such as low on the seat level or above the girl's head, and close-up on the start engine button. You must have paid attention and learned from big screen movies, and that's very good! I'd add one thing though: right before the girl with M4 jumped out of the truck, and similar to that, right before the other girl came out of the car, pull the camera from short range shot to long shot range to show the environment of the car/truck. That way the viewer would realize that all along, those girls never drove on the real road; and that the car/truck were parked on the driveway all along. I saw shots like those on the big screen movie/funny videos.

But overall, great job, Francis!
Thanks Jade and thanks for the tips.

Good but the only problem is the same palm tree is in the same place when she is "going so fast" when she hits the seat! Also, i like the part where she hits something but the engine is off >.> :p

i feel like an idiot but. that made no sense to me at all. what was the purpose of the story. were they fighting over the cookies?

i feel like an idiot but. that made no sense to me at all. what was the purpose of the story. were they fighting over the cookies?
lol as I said the purpose of the film was to test out different shots it has no story line at all. I have just started working with cars so I was trying out shots with them. I am working on another one though that will be way better with Freeway Fights ect... This was just a test on different editing tools. Don't feel dum there was no real story line in this I just made it up as I went along testing out shots. :D

Francis don't get me wrong these videos are extremely awesome one thing to look out for is common mistakes as the car not being on. One great thing you could do is have an adult in the exact same outfit and shoes and just don't show the adults face just the girls. Then splice it. Cars are hard to work with at first you can also try other things like a short action film as your skills progress. Also, one thing that is a really bad mistake is an actor that's talking on a phone that you can tell she really isn't. It makes the eye focus on that and the very first 15 seconds are the most crucial on you tube short films. Other then those small minor notes and fixes it is a GREAT short film. Believe me i'm shooting a few short films to advertise TravelBorne and DttP Inc I also am majoring in film design/ Advertising law film design is just a fancy way of saying director. Awesome film!

- Silent

lol as I said the purpose of the film was to test out different shots it has no story line at all. I have just started working with cars so I was trying out shots with them. I am working on another one though that will be way better with Freeway Fights ect... This was just a test on different editing tools. Don't feel dum there was no real story line in this I just made it up as I went along testing out shots. :D
um i wasnt paying attention i guess lol

Francis don't get me wrong these videos are extremely awesome one thing to look out for is common mistakes as the car not being on. One great thing you could do is have an adult in the exact same outfit and shoes and just don't show the adults face just the girls. Then splice it. Cars are hard to work with at first you can also try other things like a short action film as your skills progress. Also, one thing that is a really bad mistake is an actor that's talking on a phone that you can tell she really isn't. It makes the eye focus on that and the very first 15 seconds are the most crucial on you tube short films. Other then those small minor notes and fixes it is a GREAT short film. Believe me i'm shooting a few short films to advertise TravelBorne and DttP Inc I also am majoring in film design/ Advertising law film design is just a fancy way of saying director. Awesome film!

- Silent
Oh no I like the feedback. Thanks for all of it. And I would have changed a lot but my goal for this was to film it in the time I had. 30 min also I wanted to see what I could do without the car moving. I didn't have any plan or Script I just made it up as I went along. If I had planed It would be way better trust me :D But thanks for the feedback I will take it from anyone I want to improve my video. Thanks for taking the time to watch and tell me what could have been better. I love having feedback from someone who knows what they are doing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back