Suggestion Changing Ship Names

soybeansoy3

Honorable Pirate
Implement an option to change the name of a ship! There have always been some times where I realize how silly the name is, then I cannot change it without having to buy another ship!

Make it cost differently for different class ships.

Light Class - 50 Gold

Medium Class - 250 Gold

War Class - 1000 Gold

Implement an option to change the name of a ship! There have always been some times where I realize how silly the name is, then I cannot change it without having to buy another ship!

Make it cost differently for different class ships.

Light Class - 50 Gold

Medium Class - 250 Gold

War Class - 1000 Gold
Make it like retraining a skill where the amount needed to rename increases each consecutive time.

No one would commit to pay more gold to rename their ship, than what it actually costs! Unless your a purposely trying to get rid of gold.

Sure, I'll pay more than a 1,000 gold to rename my ship, but not more than what the ship actually costs.
Then you aren't really committed to renaming it.
Also, a lot of ships have upgrades which would end up costing a lot more than the rename price total.

Personally I like the idea to be able to rename your ship. The prices could be a little higher then the ones stated but not to super high where its basically over the price of the ship. But I will say I would like the option to custom name a ship just like custom naming your pirate. That would be great to rename and custom name your own ship.

Considering we will not be able to rename our pirates as it were, if we were given the chance to give our ships a custom name, then it would only be a one time thing when we originally buy the ship, like it is when you first name your pirate. Although, the moderators seem to be well-occupied with approving new pirate names. So I do not think custom names will be coming to ships any time soon to begin with.

I think a rename feature that allows us to change the names of our ships would be a good addition. In the case of non-custom names, additional moderation is not needed. This could also be extended to the renaming of pirates, since if the renaming process only allows the non-custom names no moderation will be needed.

I love this idea!
I do not love the idea of it costing 50k or 100k, like dang that's about as ridiculous as the prices to upgrade you ship. I think a 1,000 the first time anytime after that it goes up each time.

Back