Character Reset and I'm not sure why?

CJ Landolfi

Dockworker
After playing for a bit yesterday and experiencing many hard crashes, which I had fully expected, I was level 4 with a nice arsenal or swords to choose and even level 5 in swords to show for it. Going to Devil's Anvil to get my pistol, I loaded onto the island with no more weapons in my inventory or equipped to my character. I figured id get off and wait for the updates to stabilize the game but this morning when I got on I found myself back at Port Royal and with no weapons and my character reset to level 1.
I figured id deal and start again, but when I went to the shop to get my free rusty cutlass, it would not let me actually buy it.
Just want to bring these things to light so they can hopefully be looked at and no one else has to deal with it.

Other than that I fully enjoyed the short time I was able to play. Talk about nostalgia.

It happened to me and a friend, but fixes upon relogging, it might not work the first time so keep going! :)

Thanks for the tip! I just relogged twice but the third time was the charm and everything is fixed. What an odd bug lol. Thanks for the help hope to see you out there!

i didn't even have to relog. I just turned in a quest and it gave me rep, putting all the counters where they were supposed to be

Same, and apparently the shops don't work when trying to rebuy the Rusty Sword (So I had to start a new character)

Just happened to me, only I had already visited Devil's Anvil gotten the pistol and leveled it up to a few times and had a level 4 pirate... The game crashed and upon logging back in I'm a level 1 pirate that has no weapons at all, odd thing is my inventory still had a card and jewels from loot bags... but potions I had gotten and all weapons were gone along with all leveling up I had on sword, sailing and pistol.

Back